Tips For Adjusting to the New Normal:
Pets and Coronavirus
Unconditional Love in the Time of Covid-19
It has been recently reported that the first known Canine Case of Covid-19 has been diagnosed and it has already been determined that cats can catch the virus. However, it's currently not known if household pets can transmit the disease to humans. If you are affectionate with your pets it is important to follow social distancing if they are free roaming outside and domestic pets should be quarantined along with their human companions inside.
KAPU - Keep Your Distance:
Social Distancing is important for Pets
* Like human beings, pets should be kept at least six feet from other people and pets.
* Avoid touching or close interactions with other persons pets. Keep your pet on a short leash when walking.
MALAMA - Take Care of Yourself and Others:
Wash your hands and avoid touching
* Be Safe and wash your hands after handling a pet. Fur has the potential to transmit the virus from one person to another.
* Avoid pet kisses and nose boops. If your pet spends any time away from you during the day or likes to wander, keep close contact to a minimal and avoid the face area especially.
ALOHA - Give your pet LOTS of LOVE:
Express your love in different ways with no touch interactions and attention.
* Getting used to the new normal may be a challenge for your pet. Spending time in the same room together and talking to your pet will help you both relax.
* Observe your pet to see how they are adjusting to quarantine conditions. You may experience unusual or seemingly strange behaviors as they adjust. If they should become sick or need Veterinary services, make sure to call and make an appointment first and observe all social distancing requirements.
KOKUA - Lend a Helping Hand and Be A Star:
Quarantine is the perfect time to assist animals that need your help in your community.
* If your wondering how to pass the time in quarantine, adopting or fostering a pet is a excellent activity for your Ohana to occupy their time together.
* Donate Pet Food and or Pet Supplies to your local pet charities or shelters.
Please take into consideration that Local, State, and National Authorities may have changed social distancing guidelines since publication. Contact your state board of health and human services for further information.
For Expert Real Estate Sales and
Pet Friendly Property Management in Honolulu, Hawai'i