State Street Farmers’ Market to Re-Open
in Carlsbad Village Today
There’s some great news for those who have missed the weekly State Street Farmers’ Market in Carlsbad Village, closed since mid-March – they are re-opening TODAY in a limited fashion.
As one would expect, and hope for, they are creating a revised farmers’ market that will follow the standard CDO and CA guidelines during our Shelter-in-Place (SIP) order.
You can read more details here, but these are the highlights:
1. Starting out the market will only have smaller certified farmers to provide the best and freshest food. There are 19 on the website list.
2. Social distancing MUST be observed (a minimum of 6 feet) including the distance between the booths. There will be X’s to demarcate distancing requirements
3. Masks must be worn by all (a San Diego County requirement as of May 1st)
4. Only 1 shopper per household permitted
5. A maximum of 50 shoppers will be allowed in the market at one time and staff will monitor access
6. Shoppers are asked to not touch produce – the farmers will assist them as needed.
The hours will be from 3 until 7 pm, the usual spring and summer/Daylight Saving Time hours.
I’m not planning to go today but will wait a week to let them work out any kinks. But it’s wonderful the farmers will again be able to sell their produce and Carlsbadians can take advantage of the farmers’ market once again, and perhaps find produce that caannot find in the grocery stores.