5 Keys to Building a Strong Offer that will Win Your Dream Home Bid!
The market of the moment is HOT and many buyers are finding the need to lose at least 3 homes before they get the right bid in on their dream home.
Others are losing many more and eventually dropping out of the market after suffering from buyer fatigue.
There is a alternative.
Team up with an agent who is a master negotiator, and listen to their advice when it comes to writing the best offer and negotiating the best terms.
Here are 5 of the top tips that we share with our clients for getting the seller to pay attention to their offer in todays Hot Market.
- Offer as much as you can using an Escalation Clause.
Keep it Clean, make sure any contingencies you place on the offer are important to you.
- Contingencies can be important to the buyer; they protect you from all sorts of risks.
- However, they can be risky to both you and the seller, especially to the seller in that most of them are designed to kill the deal in the event that the contingency is activated.
Put down enough Earnest Money to let them know you are Serious.
- Generally money that you will be getting back at closing or when a contingency it triggered, however it also shows the seller that you are serious with your offer and ready to fight to see it through to closing.
- Let them know that you will be easy to work with, your agent can translate this to the other agent, or you can write it in a letter.
If Writing a letter, Keep it Clean.
- Most agents are hesitant to share these letters, especially if there is a chance that it will get them in hot water with the Fair Housing authorities.
- Please do not mention your Race, Familiar Status, or Religion.
- Do your best to portray yourself as a person who is ready and able to lead them to a quick and pain free closing of the home.
And one more tip…
when you are ready to find that dream property, Call Me, and let’s get started!