Maui is closed to tourists for the most part - stay home!
While you might be able to book a cheap flight to Maui, it's not going to be the vacation of your dreams right now. Visitors are being ordered to stay in quarantine for 14 days upon landing, and there can be severe consequenses. You might be put on the next flight back out of here, or you might be put in jail! Yes - JAIL.
But the good news is that Maui has opened up a lot more since the lock down. There is only 1 hospitalized patient with the virus right now. No new cases on Maui in over a week.
Wailea Beach Resort, Wailea Maui
These Maui hotels and resorts are closed now or will be closing this week:
- Andaz Maui
- Destination Residences Hawaii, Inc.
- Fairmont Kea Lani
- Four Seasons Maui
- Grand WaileaM
- The Hale Pau Hana
- Hoolio House
- Hotel Wailea Maui
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
- Kaanapali Alii
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel
- Kauhale Makai, Village by the Sea
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
- Makena Surf, A Destination Residence
- Mama's Fish House Restaurant & Inn
- Mana Kai Maui
- Mana Kai Maui (CRH)
- Maui Seaside Hotel
- The Mauian
- Montage Kapalua Bay
- Napili Kai Beach Resort
- Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
- Plantation Inn
- Polo Beach Club, A Destination Residence
- Polynesian Shores Condominium Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
- Royal Lahaina Resort
- Sheraton Maui
- Travaasa Hana
- Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott
- Wailea Beach Villas, A Destination Luxury Hotel
- Wailea Ekahi Village, A Destination Residence
- Wailea Ekolu Village, A Destination Residence
- Wailea Elua Village, A Destination Residence
- Wailea Grand Champion Villas, A Destination Residence
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Maui
Andaz Maui before the pandemic, Wailea Maui
So we don't really know when things will open up completely for tourism again. Our economy depends on the visitor industry, and you can bet we will be doing everything we can to get those visitors back, but we want to things to be safe first. Thanks for your understanding and patience!
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
26 Baldwin Ave, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635