Mixed news out of Harrisburg yesterday. A bill to re-open real estate was vetoed by the Governor, but at the same time, he announced that real estate, regardless of the colour phase your county is in can resume under specific guidelines. Red, Yellow or Green is no longer relevant for real estate related activities.
This means we can get back to work helping you, our customers and clients. What are those guidelines:
- Only three people maximum can be in a house at a time, and all must wear masks and stay 6 feet apart.
- Do not linger in the house to discuss the house, that must be done outside.
- As much that can be done remotely must be.
- Showings are spread out with 30 minutes between showings at least and anything a buyer has touched should be wiped down before the next showing, hence buyers agents will need sanitizing wipes with them.
- All those entering a property must answer a verbal health assessment shortly before the showing, and our State Association has suggested that proof of that should be obtained in writing along with all contact details for those present. Sharing contact details of clients is for tracking purposes should sickness occur, and is covered under the Realtor Code of Ethics, no contacting other agent's clients which might interfere with their contractual relationship.
There is the belief that there will now be a rush to see properties as clients can now see homes in person and I expect to see many properties go under contract and new listings to come on the market soon.