How to Stage a Bathroom With Black Tile.
The other day on the Tuesday Zoom Call, Eileen Burns asked a question about a listing she’d seen that had black tile all around.
As you know, there are some buyers who would turn around and walk out. And yet, there’s a buyer for every home, so for this one, you just need to make them not see just an all-black bathroom.
If you can’t overhaul/ remodel the bathroom, try these tips:
1. Keep it simple with your accessories. White fluffy towels will give the room an elegant look and not compete with the black.
2. If there are walls to paint, don’t compete with the black tile.
3. Don’t overdo it with color. Keep the white towels and then pick an accent color to minimize eye-bounce. Pick up the color with accessories or even a plant or orchid.
4. Choose artwork that looks like you picked it just for the room.
5. Update your fixtures! This is an inexpensive way to update your bathroom especially if the tile is screaming that it’s from the 1950s.
6. Add an item with a different and unexpected texture such as a wooden tray on the vanity.
7. Add a little bling with a metal such as in your light fixtures or an accessory. Something in the brass family adds some elegance; chrome or silver keeps it a little more casual.
8. Make sure there’s enough lighting in the room. If you need to, add a small vanity light.
An easy fix is to remodel or knock out the whole room. Wouldn’t that be nice! But when you can’t do that and need some help...consider these tips!