2020 Property Tax Relief Measures in Will County
U.S. property owners, including those in the Chicagoland area, are currently facing real financial pressures in the face ...
One reason is ... it's real estate property tax time across much of America.
In many areas of our nation, property taxes are presently being issued and 1st installment of tax payments are coming due.
That is certainly true in the Chicago Metropolitan Area.
In Chicago's Southland, Will County real estate taxes were mailed out and posted online beginning on May 1st, 2020.
Will County property owners' 1st installment of taxes will come due for payment soon ... on June 3rd, 2020.
But as I mentioned above, events now taking place are making the payment of this year's tax payments-especially challenging for many. Employment furloughs, unemployment, reduced earnings, and health issues delivered via the COVID-19 virus are all contributing to those current challenges.
Many of our local Chicagoland-area county governments are looking for ways to meet those challenges head-on. They're also trying to find ways to provide much-needed relief to the residents and property owners within their boundaries.
Those efforts were made fact in Will County. On Thursday, May 21st, the Will County Board met and approved measures to provide financial relief to Will County property owners in meeting their 2019 tax installment responsibilities.
The following payment schedule was approved at that County Board meeting:
* 50% of the 1st Installment is due June 3, 2020
* 50% of the 1st Installment is due August 3rd, 2020
* 50% of the 2nd Installment is due September 3rd, 2020
* 50% of the 2nd Installment is due November 3rd, 2020
NOTE: Any unpaid balance remaining after the August 3rd and November 3rd dates will accrue interest.
To simplify the payment of taxes, Will County has made payment possible via any of the following methods:
- Lender Tax Escrow Payment(s): (Check with your Mortgage Service Provider for further info. PLEASE NOTE: Most Homeowners with Mortgages and Taxes paid via Escrow accounts will see little or no change in the tax payment schedules)
- Banks: For a list (and locations) of those banks collecting on the County's behalf, click HERE
- Online Payment: Click HERE for that link
- By Mail: Send payment(s) to Will County Treasurer, 302 N. Chicago Street, Joliet, IL 60432
- Drop-Box Payment: 2 Drop-Boxes are provided at the County Building located at 302 N. Chicago Street, Joliet, IL
#1 is located in the parking lot as a drive-up facility/service
#2 is located in the County Building's lobby