Are You A First-Time Home Buyer? Should You Put Your Home Buying Plans On Hold Right Now Because Of COVID-19?
The answer to this question of of whether you should put your home buying plans on hold because of COVID-19 is a resounding NO! The infographic below outlines the top three reasons to shop for your first home now:
- Interest rates are at or near historic lows... why not take advantage of them to lock in your housing costs for years to come? Or take advantage of buying "more" home than you could afford with higher interest rates.
- There are assistance programs available for first-time home buyers. They have not stopped because of COVID-19.
- You may have more time right now to shop for a home, both virtually and in person. You can start shopping without feeling undue pressure while you do your research.
5 More Reasons Not To Put Your Home Buying Plans On Hold Because Of COVID-19
- Inventory of homes continues to decrease in the Charlotte region, which is resulting in higher home prices. Just as you might want to lock in the low interest rates of today, you might want to purchase a home before prices rise even further. As prices increase they negate your savings from low interest rates.
- Rent prices show no signs of abating. Why not start paying your own mortgage instead of your landlord's mortgage... you might just be paying a mortgage that's lower than your current rent payment.
- There's a lot of pent-up demand for homes in many areas, including the Charlotte region. Waiting might well put you into competition with many more home buyers... again increasing your cost to buy a home.
- If your concerns are about searching for a home during the pandemic, if you're not immuno-compromised it's possible to search for a home and stay safe. The real estate industry has rapidly adapted, introducing numerous ways to minimize exposure to the virus.
- Even though home prices continue to rise year-over-year due to lack of inventory, there are sellers out there who need to sell their homes now... there may be opportunities to get "that deal." Just don't count on it being a buyer's market across the borad right now because of the low inventory.
Ready To Start Looking For Your Charlotte Area Home?
If you're a first-time home buyer ready to start looking for a Charlotte area home, Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty can help you. We can make your home search easy, safe and stress-free. And you can search for your home from the comfort of your home and from your phone.
We Make The Charlotte Home Search Process Easy & Safe
Charlotte Area Property Search
Search GreatHomesInCharlotte.com for real estate and homes for sale throughout the Charlotte region. You can search real estate listings by basic and advanced searches, by listing ID number, by map, by subdivision, by price range, by address, by schools, by special listing conditions, by community features, by architectural design, by size of home, and more. You'll find all the Carolina MLS listings here, including single family homes, townhomes, condos, as well as golf course homes, luxury homes, foreclosure homes, active adult community homes, basement homes, homes with pools, and more. No reason not to find your Charlotte area dream home when using our easy to search website.
Charlotte Area Property Search: Browse By Location
One of the most important things to consider when buying a home is the community. Check out community resources to learn more about local schools, businesses, events, weather, transportation, and more! I'd love to answer your questions about the areas you're interested in and show you available homes for sale. Call Nina Hollander at 704-779-0813.
Home Listing Manager Sign-Up For Charlotte Area Property
Sign up for a free Home Listing Manager account. You can create and save as many custom searches as your like for the Charlotte region. Base your searchs on your needs and desired home features. You can log in and adjust your search criteria at any time.
Listing Alerts For Charlotte Area Homes
Sign up to receive listing alerts for homes that match your specific criteria and find out about new home listings as soon as they come on the market. This is a great feature to save you time while keeping you informed "real time." And it's free!
Matching Charlotte Area First-Time Home Buyers With Lifestyles For 20+ Years
Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty would appreciate the opportunity to earn your trust. We'll help you find your lifesyle within your budget and your time-frame. If you're a first-time home buyer already living in the Charlotte area or relocating to Charlotte, we are here to guide you throughout the process and would love to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and show you how: