If you’d like to find out how to connect Chamberlain garage door opener to wifi, then you’ll want to read this Chamberlain myQ setup guide.
· An internet-enabled tablet or smartphone.
· A 2.4GHz Wifi network in your home.
· A stable Wifi signal in your garage.
· The name of your network and its password.
However, you can check stability of your Wifi by testing internet speed.
Firstly, we will discuss how to complete the Chamberlain wifi setup on iOS devices. The steps for this are:
1. Make an account with myQ, or use an existing one.
2. Press the + symbol in the top right of the screen.
3. Tap on the garage door opener.
4. Read all the information presented on the screen and press Next.
5. Choose the Wall Control that matches the one in your garage. You'll then want to move to the device and either use the menu to find the wifi feature or use the Learn button.
6. Press Next again, back on your phone.
7. Listen for a beep and then press Yes.
8. Go to the Wifi settings on your phone.
9. Tap the myQ network label.
10. Press Next in the app.
11. Find your network.
12. Enter the password for your network.
13. Name the door opener.
14. Press Finish.
15. Tap the door opener to open your garage door.
That’s all you need to do on iOS devices.
Next, we will talk about Android devices. Here are the steps for those:
1. Make a myQ account, or log in to one that you’ve already made.
2. Turn on the Location feature on your device when prompted.
3. Tap the appropriate button on the setup myQ device screen.
4. Read the details that appear on the screen and press Next – make sure you tick all the checkboxes.
5. Tap on the picture of the Wall Control that resembles yours, and then follow the appropriate instructions for your model – this will mean either using a menu to select the setup feature or pressing the Learn button.
6. Press the myQ network label on your device.
7. Choose your network from the list.
8. Enter the password for it, and press Next. A message should appear to state that connection is in progress.
9. Name the garage door opener.
10. Tap Finish.
11. Press the door icon on your smartphone to open the garage door.
That’s every step you need to follow for Android devices.
You now know how to complete the liftmaster wifi setup no matter what device you’re using.
· The app will not be able to open the garage door whilst it is being powered by battery.
· The garage door opener must complete one full cycle before the Wifi can be used.
· If you enter your password incorrectly, then your garage door opener will not connect and you will have to start the process again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I connect my garage door opener to MyQ?
A minute on your internet is what you need. There are many internet funs facts out there. When it comes to using internet to open your garage door, follow the instructions depending on your mobile device and you should be able to select your garage door opener from within the app, once it has connected to your home’s wifi network.
Can I convert my garage door opener to WIFI?
This will depend on which model of garage door opener you have. If it was not marked as being wireless when you bought it, then you won’t be able to do this. If it is, then you should be able to connect it to MyQ.
Does my Chamberlain garage door opener have WIFI?
Yes, it does. You will be able to use it wirelessly and operate it using your mobile phone.
How do I reset the wifi on my Chamberlain garage door opener?
It depends on your specific model, but there should be an option within the setting on the app, or on the wall control itself. If neither of these works, you can turn your router on and off again. If you have no internet, check out whether your home internet debut is ready.