I have lived in Central PA my entire adult life and have had the opportunity to take many day trips within a 2-hour drive from home. Central PA is strategically located close to a multitude of amenities. This Summer you might be looking for some fun “day trips” you could make safely and enjoy with your family. Here are few destinations, with links below, that I want to share with you.
* Enjoy art, live music, outdoor dining and shopping the first Friday of every month at First Friday’s in downtown Mechanicsburg,
* Do your kids like trains or farm equipment? August 30 -Sept. 2nd you can enjoy the Williams Grove Historical Steam Engine Fall Show.
* Hershey Park, ZooAmerica and Chocolate World are fun local options. Hershey Gardens and Butterfly house are other beautiful Hershey destinations.
* Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster and Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, are other Amusement park options.
* Indian Echo Caverns is a mysterious underground world located in Hummelstown and includes a mini-golf course and gemstone panning.
* Lake Tobias Wildlife has a petting zoo and an open-air safari tour.
* The Pennsylvania State Capitol offers free tours and interactive exhibits. While at the Capitol Complex visit the State Museum
* The Gettysburg Battlefield offers history for the entire family. Guided tours are offered year-round and can be done from your car.
* Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike or fish among serene landscapes, where you will find breathtaking views. There are so many fun State Parks, Gifford, Little Buffalo, Ricketts Glen, Trough Creek just to name a few. There are waterfalls, trails and picnic areas.
* Take the seasonal bounty of local farm stands & farmers markets in Lancaster or Lititz,
* The Julius Sturgis Pretzel Factory in Lititz allows you to create a pretzel and The Utz Factory Tour in Hanover is a good for potato chip fans!
* If you are looking for something to do without the kids, you can sample beer, wine, cider and spirits along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
Some of these ideas have a cost, but some are Free. . . all are great day trip ideas for your family. Central PA is a beautiful area! Take advantage of everything it offers. We have put links at the bottom of this blog that you can use for more information on the areas I mentioned. Thank you for joining me today!
If you are or someone you know is selling their home or is looking for a home in Central PA, please call us today at 717-695-3177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Buyer & Listing Specialists are waiting to help you accomplish your real estate goals.