Choices. In this age of technology, it seems like the world is our oyster and the possibilities are endless.
Do we want a full service agent, a list-on-MLS agent? What about the ibuyer Web Sites? For Sale by Owner? Can we do it ourselves without representation?
Buyers and sellers have so many questions, and there's always another article to steer you in a new direction. Today I'm here to help with just one avenue.
How do you choose the right real estate agent for you.
1. Choose a REALTOR over a real estate agent. A REALTOR subscribes to the code of ethics and a higher standard of practices. Strong core values are important and you will want to be sure you align. https://cara.longrealty.com/Code-of-Ethics
2. Choose an agent who works with you, and for you. What does that mean? Do they listen to your concerns and hear what you are saying? Or, are they talking about themselves and their accomplishments.
3. Look at their body of work. How do they market, run their website, behave on social media, and advertise? What does their appearance tell you?
4. Can the RE professional simplify the process for you? Buying and selling a home is one of the more stressful, financial decisions you will ever make in your life. Find a REALTOR that aligns with your values and priorities.
5. Google them. Do they have a blog, video channel, social media? Get to know them before they walk through your door.
6. Go with your gut. After all is said and done, you've looked at the paperwork, heard the speaches, done the tour - go with your gut. Instinct is key to finding the right professional for you with comfortable teamwork.