National Avocado Day 2020
July 31, 2020 is National Avocado Day
Did you know avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable? Have you are taken the pit and tried to plant it? I have tried several ways, I tried to root it hydroponically and now I have one in a pot trying to grow, nothing yet. With the number of avocados we eat in this household I think it's important to try and find another source for them.
Avocados have a lot of health benefits that include:
- incredibly nutritious
- contain more potassium than a banana
- loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- loaded with fiber
- can lower cholesterol and triglycerides
- people who eat avocados tend to be healthier
- their fat content can help you absorb nutrients from plant food
- loaded with antioxidants that can help your eyes
- may help prevent cancer
- avocado extract may help relieve arthritis
- may help you lose weight
- avocados are delicious and easy to incorporate into your diet
What's your favorite way to eat avocados?
I mix one with banana and almond milk for a great smoothie. I will add it to a salad, mash it and add it to mayonnaise and use in dressing, slice and serve it with scrambled eggs and toast, so many great possibilities. I also like to cook with avocado oil, it's great at high temperatures and very light.