With Social Networking on the Rise and plenty of new sites out there to get yourself more exposure and more in the mix with all the online Buzz, it seem that it's harder to keep up with all your Social Networks than joining one.
I recently began my crusade by joining as many Social Networks and Social Media out there. The problem is I rarely have time to jump from site to site to check update, to do updates and basically maintain the networks.
The main contenders are Instant Message Clients like Yahoo Messenger, Aim, AOL, MSN and Google Talk. I have about 3 Screen names each with a different service for different use.
- I tried using combination clients like Trillian and Pidgin to have all my accounts in one client, but I still have to switch clients and websites when checking my other networks.
- Next up on my list are my Social Networks like Myspace and Facebook. I usually just set my alerts for direct messages and comments sent directly to my e-mail so I don't have to keep checking on these sites.
- Next on my list is Twitter, Tumblr and Brightkite. These guys are more time consuming and harder to maintain with constant alerts and quick updates. I just recently began investing in these networks but I already can tell I need help organizing these networks soon.
- I tried using Twittermail & Twhirl to keep up with Twitter so when I get new replies it sends them directly to my E-mail which is fine because Myspace, Facebook and Activerain still sends alerts that way.
This didn't solve the problem with the real time updates though and I don't like clogging up my phone with texts. So I tried using Twhirl, which is a cool client but still I wanted more consolidation.
- Last is my e-mails, I have about 4 different e-mail addresses due to different types of e-mail I like to receive.
So as you can see I do alot of bouncing around and sometimes can be very time consuming.
I found the perfect client for ALL of my accounts into one client. The client is fairly new just being only a few months old and is still improving.
The Power Of Digsby (http://www.digsby.com)
- Digsby Revolutionizes the Instant Messaging clients by adding all your IM accounts into one interface. Beautiful interface that shows all your IM accounts and can even sync contacts that are duplicates. This replaced Trillian for me.
- Digsby combines the Social Networks underneath your Buddy List in a tabbed view format. The area shows your social networks with the corresponding icons that shows all your alerts, messages and updates. Just tab over the area to go tour inbox, messages, comments, bulletins etc. Again beautiful interface.
- Digsby Also attaches Twitter to the Social Network Area under your buddylist, this is pretty cool because just tab over the icon and a Twhirl like interface pops up, managing your replies and updates. Very handy, this replaced Twhirl.
- Finally Add as many e-mail accounts to Digsby, again in the same area under your Buddy List is the e-mail icons, will tell you new mail and alerts.
The Best and Most important thing Digsby does is it allows small pop-ups to appear and disappear in the lower left hand corner of your screen making you multi-task better without interrupting your work.
If it's an important alert like new mail your waiting for you can tab quickly over the alert, which will allow you to view the message and can quickly delete or respond to go back to what your were doing before.
Overall I am very happy with my new toy and I believe I just shaved 1-2 hours of my Social Media Time everyday.
Let's face it, time is money and we should spend more time with our family,friends,clients and less time playing catch up on all our Social Media.
Hope this device helps you become just a tad bit organized, thoughts and feedback encouraged! What do you think?
Just-In-Time's Word on the Web