Below is the normal procedure for Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC) / Bank Guarantee (BG).
Step 1: Application is made to KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED for opening of a SBLC including but not limited to the following:
1. SBLC application form. (Provided by KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED upon request)
2. Desired verbiage of SBLC. (If none provided, KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED will provide its normal SBLC / letter of credit verbiage.
3. SWIFT code and address of beneficiary bank.
4. Know Your Customer (KYC) documents including but not limited to: Passport copy of applicant, proof of address documents such as electricity or water bill, articles of incorporation of applicant company and brief summary, executive summary and/or business plan of underlying transaction.
Step 2: KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED reviews all documents presented and evaluates acceptability of documents. KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED then either approves application or denies and shall inform the applicant of such decision.
Step 3: KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED prepares draft of the SBLC as it is comfortable to issue and forwards to client for approval. All drafts shall be in line with rules and regulations governing the issuance of SBLC.
Step 4: The client approves the draft and:
1. Signs a contract agreeing to the terms and conditions of issuance and issuance charges as negotiated.
2. KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED issues the invoice for the agreed upon charges.
Step 5: Client makes payment of charges as per agreed upon payment structure.
1. Client shall provide TT/Wire copy of payment made to KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED account.
2. KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED shall confirm to client credit of funds upon receipt of funds to KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED account.
Step 6: KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED uploads draft to SWIFT system and provides copy to applicant for final approval of message. Upon approval given by applicant KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED then releases the SWIFT to beneficiary bank coordinates.
Step 7: Copies of released SWIFT are then forwarded to the client via email or hard copy as requested. In case the client is represented by an advisor, then it is forwarded to the advisor only.
Step 8: Any amendments to SBLC are subject to approval of KINGRISE FINANCE LIMITED.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND CONDITIONS OF BG/SBLC:
- Parties are not allowed to contact the other Party’s bank without express written permission. Any Party attempting to do so will lead to cancellation of this Agreement and invoke the penalties described in Paragraph 16, below. For greater clarity, any telephone calls, facsimile or other prohibited forms of communication shall cause the immediate cancellation of this transaction and incur a liability for damages on the part of the breaching Party.
- After countersign The LOI package by PRINCIPAL, the LOI becomes a legally binding Contract (Dead of Agreement) between both parties, only if the BENEFICIARY’s bank issues Proof of Fund (POF) and deliver to the PRINCIPAL’s Bank’s coordinated indicated in this document according timing of mentioned procedure. If the BENEFICIARY’s bank does not issue this mentioned SWIFT within Seven (7) calendar days after date of countersign LOI by the PRINCIPAL, will result immediate cancellation of this transaction and subject the violating party to damages. As mentioned in Paragraph 3 below.
- As mentioned in the Procedures above, should the BENEFICIARY default to pay the purchase price to the PRINCIPAL as agreed upon confirmation of BG MT760 in the BENEFICIARY’s bank account, PRINCIPAL will instruct the issuing bank to put a claim on the BG thereby obliging the BENEFICIARY’s Bank to return the BG MT760 to the issuing Bank.
- Each Party warrants and represents that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the transaction as per the terms stated herein.
- The Parties agree that the Non-Circumvention / Non-Disclosure rules of all issues from the (International Chamber of Commerce) ICC up to and including the latest edition apply and shall remain effective for a period of five years from the date of execution of this Agreement. All information contained herein including banking information and codes are privileged information and represent the sole property of the Party from which they originate.
- The terms of this Agreement are binding upon the Parties whose signatures appear herein. The Parties to this Agreement and their respective employees, agents, associates/affiliates, transferees, assignees or designees agree to be bound by the Non-Circumvention / Non-Disclosure and Force Majeure provisions of the ICC as mentioned in Paragraph 5 above.
- This Agreement is subject to the domestic laws of any country properly having jurisdiction over the subject-matter of this Agreement. The Parties agree that they will strive to resolve all disputes amicably. All disputes arising out of or in connection with the present Agreement that cannot be resolved amicably shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France, by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules. The language of Arbitration shall be English and the governing law shall be the law of United Kingdom (England). The arbitration award shall be considered as final and shall be binding upon both Parties. The arbitration fee shall be paid by the losing Party.
- Neither Party may assign, transfer or delegate its interest or duties without prior written consent of the other Party. No modification, amendment or supplement of this Agreement shall be binding unless it is in writing and signed by both the BENEFICIARY and the PRINCIPAL.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be or become prohibited or invalid under any applicable law, rule or regulation, then such provision shall be deemed ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity only, without thereby invalidating any of the remaining terms or provisions of this Agreement.
- Neither Party hereto is making any representation regarding the tax consequences, if any, of the transactions envisaged herein. It is understood that the BENEFICIARY and the PRINCIPAL individually accept responsibility and liability for any/all taxes, imposts, levies, duties or charges that may be applicable in the execution of their respective roles and the discharge of this Agreement.
- The BENEFICIARY and the PRINCIPAL shall be responsible only for those commissions/fees that they have respectively agreed, in writing, to pay.
- Each Party shall indemnify and hold harmless the other Party against any and all claims, demands, damages or expenses of any nature arising out of the execution or implementation of this Agreement for a period beginning with the execution of this Agreement and ending three (3) years after the date of the completion of all acts contemplated in this Agreement.
- The Parties hereby agree that the Parties have entered into this private transaction at their sole discretion and no one Party has solicited the other Party in any way neither it can be considered as the solicitation of funds. This transaction is strictly of a private nature between the private Parties which is being defined by this private Agreement. This transaction does not and shall not be interpreted as the sale of securities as defined by the Securities Act of 1933/34 of the United States of America as amended and/or any other laws of any other nation related to the securities transaction. This transaction/Agreement is exempted from the Securities Act and would not be required to be registered with any authority or with any government body department.
- This Agreement embodies the entire understanding of the Parties hereto. There is no other Agreement, understandings, representations or warranties, whether written or oral, in effect between the Parties. The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is the sole governing document between the Parties. The Parties agree that this Agreement supersedes any and all prior correspondence, Agreements or drafts, which shall be null and void and of no further force and effect.
- All terms, condition and closing procedures of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Parties hereto, and their respective heirs, legal representative, successor and assigns.
- These documents may be signed in counterparts, which when taken together shall constitute an original. This document may also be transmitted by facsimile or email and shall be deemed as original for the purposes of enforceability. The Parties declare that they have read this entire Agreement and have clearly understood the same to its fullest.
- By signing this LOI / DOA, both parties agree under the laws and trading guidelines set forth by the ICC that they are ready willing and able to complete this transaction under the terms and conditions stated within this letter of intent.
- EDT (Electronic document transmissions) shall be deemed valid and enforceable in respect of any provisions of this Contract. As applicable, this agreement shall be: (1)-Incorporate U.S. Public Law 106-229,” Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act” or such other applicable law conforming to the UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Signatures (2001) and; (2)-ELECTRONIC COMMERCE AGREEMENT (ECE/TRADE/257, Geneva, May 2000) adopted by the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT). (3)-EDT documents shall be subject to European Community Directive No. 95/46/EEC, as applicable.
WHAT IS SBLC ?
Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC)/ Bank Guarantee (BG) is a guarantee of payment issued by a bank on behalf of a client that is used as “payment of last resort” should the client fail to fulfill a contractual commitment with a third party. Standby letters of credit are created as a sign of good faith in business transactions and are proof of a buyer’s credit quality and repayment abilities. The bank issuing the SBLC performs brief underwriting duties to ensure the credit quality of the party seeking the letter of credit, then sends notification to the bank of the party requesting the letter of credit (typically a seller or creditor).
A standby letter of credit shows a company’s credit quality and ability to repay loans. Although SBLC/BG is not intended for use as a replacement for immediate cash payment obligation, it helps fulfill business obligations in case the business stops operations, cannot pay its vendors or becomes insolvent.
Small businesses often face difficulty when securing financing. For this reason, Standby Letters of Credit may be especially beneficial for encouraging investors to lend money to such a company. In case of default, investors are assured they will be paid the principal and interest from the bank through which the SBLC/BG is secured.
Standby Letters of Credit are issued for use in a wide variety of commercial and financial operations. Standby Letters of Credit are very much alike Documentary Letters of Credit (DLC). The main difference between a Documentary Letter of Credit and a Standby Letter Of Credit being that unlike DLCs, SBLCs only become operative in case the applicant defaults. In case of default, the beneficiary in whose favor the SBLC was issued, can draw on the SBLC and demand payment.
Historically, Standby Letters of Credit were developed because the US regulator legally limited US bank’s authority to issue Bank Guarantees.
SBLCs are also very similar to Bank Guarantees (BG), which too require that the presentation of stipulated documents be compliant with the terms and conditions of the Bank Guarantee. SBLC’s and Bank Guarantees are different in terms of protection, they both serve the primary purpose of making sure that sellers get paid, but while a Standby Letter of Credit protects the seller, a Bank Guarantee (BG) protects both sides, since it also protects the buyer in case the supplier never ships the goods or ships them in a damaged condition.
When requesting a SBLC, a business owner proves to the bank he is capable of repaying the loan. Collateral may be required to protect the bank in case of default. The bank typically provides a letter to the business owner within one week of receiving documentation. The business owner must pay a SBLC fee for each year that the letter is valid. The fee is typically 1-10% of the SBLC value. If the business owner meets the criteria outlined in the contract before the due date, the business owner can cancel the SBLC without further charges.
Standby Letters of Credit (SBLC) are a very flexible tool, making them a suitable product for securing a wide range of payment scenarios. A financial SBLC, the most common type, is typically used in international trade or other high-value purchase contracts where litigation or other non-payment actions may not be feasible. A financial SBLC guarantees payment to the beneficiary if criteria outlined in the contract are left unfulfilled. For example, an exporter sells goods to an overseas buyer who guarantees payment in 30 days. When the payment does not appear by the deadline, the exporter presents the SBLC to the importer’s bank and receives the payment.
A performance SBLC ensures the time, cost, amount, quality of work and other criteria are fulfilled in a manner acceptable to the client. The bank pays the beneficiary if any of the written obligations are unmet. For example, a contractor guarantees a construction project will be finished in 90 days. If work remains incomplete after the 90-day period, the client can present the SBLC to the contractor’s bank and receive the payment due.
The SBLC should not be confused with the documentary credit which is instead a means of payment since the buyer goes to his bank and asks him to pay the seller at a given moment, ie on a date or to the fulfillment of a condition (delivery for example).
Kingrise Finance Limited are genuine sblc providers and sblc monetizers. We can arrange and issue bank instruments such as bg/sblc from any of the worlds biggest banks in France, Germany, London, Paris, New York, Spain, Italy, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Hong Kong, Singapore or USA. We can also monetize any bank instrument such as bg or sblc. The bg/sblc monetization arrangement issues non recourse funds to the customer shortly after the bg/sblc is delivered to the monetizer.
These are the top 14 reasons why some BG/SBLC transactions fail. Please read that article so you will understand the reasons why many people Fail in BG / SBLC Transactions
At Kingrise Finance Limited, all our purchased as well as leased BG/SBLCs are issued by World’s rated Top 25 Banks. We use the Bank SWIFT Network to have clients’ BG/ SBLC delivered Bank to Bank using SWIFT MT799 followed by SWIFT MT760. We operate an extremely reliable, efficient delivery and authentication process.
Contact us today to know how sblc mt760 from prime banks can help you conclude worthy deals with your suppliers and contractors.