Summer is almost behind us. However, this doesn’t mean your home improvement projects should come to a standstill. The autumn will officially arrive on September 23. If you live in Louisville and you've been considering a home improvement project for a while, then this may be the best time to set the ball rolling.
So, what makes the end of the summer such a great time to kickstart your home renovation project in Louisville? There are two major benefits:
- Weather: While you may have already started enjoying crisp, pleasantly evenings, the change in temperature is virtually unnoticeable. Louisville is still warmer than its neighbors. This extended period of warmth and pleasant weather in Louisville is exactly what provides you with a great opportunity to start your home renovation project right now.
- Availability: While homeowners in other parts of the country are busy wrapping up their projects, Louisville, KY residents are embarking on new home improvements tasks such as repairing, replacing, or beautifying their properties. One advantage of doing this now is that it’s easier to get a contractor in an offseason and get your renovation project done faster than if you undertake it in a busier season. When you have trusted professional contractors by your side, achieving your dream home is easier than you think.
However, hiring the right roofing or home improvement contractor for your job is a challenging proposition. It is, in fact, one of the decisions that you never want to get wrong. If your goal is to hire an experienced, professional, and trusted professional, making the best decision won't be easy, and that's perfectly fine.
Let’s take a look at a few factors you must consider before finalizing a contractor for your project.
- The Condition of Equipment: You should choose a contractor that comes equipped with everything needed to handle your project in the most professional manner possible. Most importantly, you should feel confident that the contractor you've chosen is capable enough of meeting or exceeding your expectations.
Be it the workmanship or the quality of materials, well-established contractors, like Unisource Roofing, always deliver on the promises they made at the time of hiring. Trustworthy home improvement and Roofing professionals are passionate about their jobs and everything related to their work including their equipment.
The condition of the equipment is a good way of knowing how professional they are and how well they will handle your project.
- Avoid Ridiculously Low Prices: In the zeal to save some money, many homeowners often end up hiring unscrupulous contractors that usually result in years of frustration and thousands of dollars down the drain. It’s better to be vigilant when choosing a contractor for your project so that it can be a fun, exciting, and hassle-free experience for both you and your family.
- Educate Yourself about Project Requirements: Educating yourself about the work involved and the exact requirements of your roofing project is probably the best way to protect yourself from home improvement scams.
Make sure to ask about everything you need to know upfront, but without being passive. Although it’s quite common to go over the budget, be wary of less-than-scrupulous professionals who constantly come up with unexpected expenses to exhort more money from the owner.
A few other good practices include asking for references, establishing payment, pricing and terms, and getting a written agreement.
- Make Use of Technology To Get Better Acquainted With Your Options: Choosing a new roof has always been a bit overwhelming experience for most homeowners in Louisville. Well, not anymore! With the help of cutting-edge technology, offered by North America’s leading roofing specialists Owens Corning, you can narrow down your choices instantly and effortlessly. Known as Virtual Home Remodeler, this easy-to-use tool is available on Owens Corning’s website. You can right away see how various colors, materials, and shingles would look on your home.
How Virtual Home Remodeler Works And How Can It Benefit You?
As the leading Owens Corning Preferred Roofing Contractor, we always recommend using Virtual home remodeler (available on Owens Corning website) to make the process of choosing a new roof easier and simpler. Simply, upload a photo of your home on their website and start experimenting with different options at the click of a button. From viewing how various available options would look on your roof to printing and saving the project for later use, Virtual Home Remodeler is created to make your decision-making process easier and more accurate than ever before.
Things to Remember To Get the Best Out Of Virtual Home Remodeler
- Aesthetics: With Virtual Home Remodeler, you can take the aesthetics of your roof to a whole level with the touch of a button. Pay special attention while choosing shingles for your roof as they make the most of your roof exterior. Fortunately, there’s a wide range of shingles offered by Owens Corning to suit all tastes and budgets. The availability of an extensive range of colors and materials can help you achieve your desired appearance with ease. So, no more guesswork!
- Practicality: Remember that the main purpose of shingles is to protect your roof and your home. Since Shingles are available in many shapes, sizes, and strengths, it can also affect their performance. For instance, if you live in an area with severe weather conditions, it’s better to go for impact-resistance shingles.
- Cost Vs Durability: It may be tempting for some homeowners to go for the cheapest available options in their roofing project. But, they should never compromise on the lifespan, quality, and durability of their shingles. Cheap quality shingles usually have a very short lifespan and may prove to be costlier in the long run. High-end options from top brands like Owens Corning are long-lasting and don’t require repair or replacement.
Unisource Roofing: The Most Trusted Roofing Specialists in Louisville, Ky.
As one of the most reliable and trustworthy roofing contractors in the region, we, at Unisource Roofing, believe that residents of Louisville deserve only the highest-quality roofing solutions. That’s why we leave no stone unturned to bring you the best-in-class roofing products from some of the most trusted brands in the world. For more information on our products and services, get in touch with our Unisource Roofing experts at (502) 735-1636.