Six months into this global pandemic and we're all still spending plenty of time with our immediate family. But, if you're home with kids, which many of us are, this can sometimes feel terribly long.
So, today here's a quick list of the BEST games to play with kids when you're bored and itching for something to do with them. The best part? They can all be played inside! So, even if the weather is crummy, you're good to go!
10 Simple Games for You & Your Kids
1. Tic Tac Toe - All this requires is a pen and paper or chalk!
2. I Spy - My kids could play this for hours, and it's a great family dinner activity!
3. Don't Let the Balloon Hit the Floor - Again, sometimes it's the simple games that entertain us the most. Blow up a balloon and time yourself to see how long you can go with it in the air.
4. Sock Fight - This unique game is a bit like flag football indoors. Stuff socks in your back pockets and go after other players to remove them! The winner of this game is the player with socks still in their pocket!
5. Charades - This game is perfect for all ages! Parents can team up with kids or use pictures to help kids play on their own.
For the best family card and board games, check out: The TOP Family Games This Year
6. Indoor Bowling - Pile toilet paper into a pyramid and roll anything in your house. See who can get a strike first!
7. Hide & Seek - This traditional game is always fun! One player counts while others hide in various parts of the house. The bathtub is always a winner in our home!
8. Dominoes - Play the right way, or just spend an afternoon lining up dominoes to knock down. See how creative you get and how big of a creation you can make.
9. War - Of our many card games, this simple one is still a winner. Deal the deck into an even amount amongst players, then each player puts down their top card. The highest number takes the cards and in the end, the player with the most cards wins. It's a simple game that keeps kids engaged for a long time.
10. Spoons - Finally, this classic game keeps families on the edge of their seat for hours. Deal out cards and pass them along the group until someone has four of the same. When that player does, they quietly pick up a spoon. Then, the last person to grab a spoon is out!
These are often simple games that we forget, but they are very helpful in building our family bonds with little effort. So, give one of them a shot today!