Everyone has a wish list.
On my first contact with a buyer, I like to take time to really understand what their needs and wishes are when looking for their next home. I ask them to help me make their WISH LIST.
A wish list can be a list of things they want in a home, and it can be things that they DON'T want in a home also. It helps me understand my buyers tastes & lifestyles. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a "picky buyer". The more my buying clients tell me about what they like (and don't like) - the better a job I will do in researching homes available in Gainesville. Our high inventory of homes for sale in Gaineville and the MLS database offer a large spectrum of price ranges. So the Price Range is the Most Important factor to any buyer....but let's talk details, details, details !!
Here are some things to consider when preparing your own wish list. And let me know if you have things to add to the list as questions for home buyers. Share your wish list with YOUR Realtor !
- Number of Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Size of the home (Square footage) - Which is all about the floorplan layout too
- Floorplan Style - One level, Two levels, Open Floor plan
- Size of Garage or number of cars
- Do you want a pool, or spa, or both? Screened or Not?
- If you don't want a pool, do you want a screened patio?
- Size of parcel
- Age of Home - Is age an issue, or is updated older home ok?
- Type of Construction
- What type of neighborhood do you want your family in?
- Do you want to be in a planned community with restrictions and community ammenities?
- Are schools important?
- What type of "travel-commute" time do you prefer to get to work each day?
- Tell me what you want in your kitchen?
- Do you want a fenced back yard?
- Do you want a fireplace?
- Is it important that the master suite be on the first floor?
- Do you prefer a split bedroom floor plan?
- Will you do a lot of entertaining? Need a formal dining room or summer kitchen?
- Do you want a luxury master bath with 2 sinks, shower, and a jetted tub?
- Surfaces - Wallpapers? Flooring? Counter Tops?
- Bells & Whistles - tell all me all the extras you like - irrigation system, alarm system, sound systems, crown molding, high ceilings.
Every detail, no matter how small, can be very important to your buyers. We may not be able to find a home that is a perfect to match your wish list, but we will strive to find the best homes to view!
The more I know about my clients' "likes and dislikes", helps me to be well prepared for our first trip to show homes.
After showing homes to your buyers, you will learn what styles they like.
It's great when your clients tell you that you've selected fabulous homes for them so see.
If you are wanting a caring, attentive, patient, buyer's agent to help you find your next home in Gainesville FL & surrounding communities in Alachua County, FL........ please call me!
Written and Posted By: Chris Bohn, GRI- ABR-ePro- Gainesville FL Real Estate Copyright © 2008 Chris Bohn, RE/MAX Professionals, Inc., is a Florida Realtor® who specializes in Gainesville, FL and communities in Alachua County, FL . To find out more information about her real estate services please visit her profile . You are welcome to contact her by phone at 352-333-3883 or by email at chris@eHomesGainesville.com . You can click to view her listings or visit her website. Thank you for your visit.