We are getting through this pandemic, however, there is always the risk of new waves of the virus until there is a successful vaccine for it.
I bet you didn't know that spraying and wiping a surface is not enough to kill the virus on surfaces?
In this post I am going to show you some tips to successfully disinfect your home during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Clean your house regularly and keep cleaning products handy.
- Focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Wash your hands before and after cleaning the house for 20 seconds.
- Use sanitizers with at least 70% alcohol content in it.
- The sponge or cloth that you use to clean with, ensure you disinfect this after using it.
- Never combine disinfecting or any cleaning products and open the window or ventilate a room if fumes become bothersome.
- Test surfaces for safety in a hidden spot before using alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or any disinfectant on a surface, especially a delicate one.
- Rinse food contact surfaces with clear water and dry after disinfecting, unless the product label specifically says it’s not necessary.
Did you know spraying and wiping a surface is not enough?
It is important to throughly clean surfaces to ensure the germs are killed through sanitisation. First use soap and water to clean the surface first.
Next use disinfectant cleaning agent to sanitize the surface. A tip is to leave the agent before wiping. Even better let the agent air dry. Remember to follow instructions.
Be sure to sanitize all your high touch surfaces in your home including:
- Light switches
- fridge handles
- microwave doors
- backs of the chairs
- makeup products
- toilet seat
- TV remote
- cell phone
It is important to protect yourself and your loved ones from this virus, taking simple steps to sanitize your home are key.