Ok everyone. I know we all do crazy things in order to find new business. I've been reading about a lot of them over the past couple of days. I thought I would share mine. It's a crazy concept, but IT WORKS! I write handwritten note cards to agents & clients all the time. If there is a reason to send a card (with business card enclosed of course) I send one. I probably send about 10-20 out a week. As a result of this and a once a month newsletter, I have NEVER had to cold call.
I will get calls months after sending one to an agent and hear, how they loved the card and kept my business card until they needed it. I've even gone into offices and found the cards on top of the shelves in their cubicles. In the days of emails, mass mailing, etc the personal service I offer shows through when their first meeting of me is directed specifically towards them.
When to send note cards:
- You see their name on a sign outside the office naming them as top producer, etc
- You see their name in the newspaper for any award
- They called or emailed you for the first time
- You met with them for a consultation or walk through for the first time
- They referred a client or agent to you (EVERY TIME!)
- Birthdays, anniversarys, etc
Another advantage of the note card is a reason to give them additional business cards. On average each of my clients receives 3 business cards from me one at a time. (Upon meeting, note card, client comment card) This means they always have one to give away when they talk to another agent about my awesome service!