For thousands of years, people have loved, shared and explored mysteries, stories, adventures and the popular "what ifs" as a form of entertainment and social interacting. Pick any subject and one can spin it to do good or not so good as well as make us laugh or fear. Why do we do this? Because we can
All myths, legends & word of mouths have a "truth" in them or they would not exist or persist. However overtime it has been proven that they either grow or diminish with time as other forces join us as we as a race come and go. Fascinating. If we were to leave instructions for survival, would they include
People who get sick often times have physical manifestations of the episode. Food poisoning, fever, measles, rash, cold sores, infections and allergies leave signatures of their presence as well as their visit. However, lets not add fear, exaggeration, unnecessary warnings and radical reaction to our experiences
THE VIRUS aka COVID
We know it is airborne, brings woe and emphasis to an existing pre-condition and affects people for the most part temporarily as it dies or moves on. So does a lot of other type of transmissions, diseases and maladies. Contagious but not all-powerful, it makes its way through its life cycle like everything else
THERE IT IS...
I am amazed at how people over-react and are ignorant as well as reliant on any information regarding covid. Here are some tests of its reality. Keep in mind, I am not debunking but exposing (pun) this subject as we should with any subject of interest. So here are some questions/statements and the like to consider about covid or related subject matter:
1. How does it travel? Well no mystery there. It hitches a ride on the wind and air being able to do so.
2. Can you point to it? Oh, there it is! Lets go the other way and avoid it? We have no controls here
3. Where did it come from or how did it enter the area plus how does it stay here? How long?
4. Can isolation of the human help or hinder? Before saying, immunities and anti-bodies need a cause & effect prompt to counter an invader. Then, they will do so automatically if they can. Called autoimmune and anti-body, they lead to recovery all without you telling them to do so. Autoimmune is automatic
5. The virus lives in the world of microbiology which cannot be visited or explored without an electronic microscope. In that world, which is invisible to us, lives other species or life with their rules
6. Our eye-lids contain a type of "mite" that live, eat and reproduce while crawling around. Blown-up so we can see them, they rival any monster of our imagination or sci-fi we can muster-up. Let me add that there is nothing you can do about it either. As a kid, I rubbed my eyes to get rid of them. It didn't work!
7. Mankind has been exposed over the millenniums to forms of life seen or unseen and based on results survived and flourished while the parasites either die, mutate or co-exist with us.
8. Today, vaccines exist to aid us on demand it combating intruders of all kinds. However, flu's, colds and fever cannot be eliminated and remedies exist to make the experience tolerable as it passes
Have you ever heard this: The surgery was a success however the patient died. Over the thousands of years that we have experimented with medical issues it wasn't until someone discovered that infections did more harm than the surgical correction whatever that was. The unseen world was discovered!
THE GERM WORLD
What gives a person their smell or stink? Every living thing leaves a type of spoor identity that not only smells but if not washed or addressed leaves a visible signature. That's why we bath. At all times, the bacterium, fungi and all the rest that lands on the outside of a human wants to enter the inside badly!
WHY DO INSECTS INVADE HOMES?
Its warmer, safer and allows for breeding and survival. Same principal applies to the outside or skin of a human with parasitical life. That's why cuts should be washed and dressed until the body heals and prevents invasion. Lets all agree common sense, education and precaution are called for but with reality not hype. The human is sealed & where there are openings are defense mechanisms that work
Masking is not effective in the microbiological world. Sealed rooms and containers prevent microbes from traveling freely but does not kill them. A full body suit that is self-contained (think astronaut) is the only sure-thing that restricts. Masks, Kleenex, handkerchiefs and sleeves (lol) assist but are limited
DON'T DRINK THE WATER
Cool, crisp and inviting water that we identify by sight, sound, and touch doesn't mean it is safe. When exploring other continents, many found out that parasites use water to get around and to wait for an opportunity to spread. Boiling water countered the threat. Even today, water treatment differs in places
LET'S END WITH THIS
Exercise, good eating habits and an awareness of your life in general makes for a natural preventive attitude against the unseen and unknown. There are no guarantees however invasion and recovery is mitigated when we take care of ourselves. Now add, remedies, vaccines & the like and we go on...until?