Gratitude Posts for November 2020
Every year for some time there has been a November Challenge leading up to Thanksgiving with a focus on what we are grateful for. And what could be more appropriate right now?
It’s not that we aren’t thankful all year long, but at this time of year we tend to reflect more on all we have to be grateful for. And perhaps in 2020 it’s even more meaningful.
This year our thankfulness challenge has a little twist to it…are you ready?
For the November challenge you are to write a post on EITHER of the 2 topics below. ActiveRain will thank you with 750 extra points (over and above the normal 225 points).
If you wish, write a post for EACH of the 2 topics, for a total of 1500 points
TOPIC 1: Thankful for My Clients
We’ve all had positive experiences with buyers and sellers we have worked with, and are of course are thankful for those transactions.
But every transaction is a learning experience, so please share some things you learned along the way from client transactions, or maybe something you learned about yourself – discovering a strength, perhaps, or possibly finding out something you need to improve.
Here are some other ideas - perhaps you implemented some new processes in your business, created a new checklist, or developed a new system as a result of a particular transaction.
Sometimes we are thankful for a transaction we didn’t get, or decided against working with a buyer for some reason.
Was the listing conversation a good learning experience despite not getting the listing? Did you learn something because you said no to a seller, or declined to work with a buyer? Are you grateful for what you said or how you said it?
For this option please share at least 5 specific things you are thankful for as a result of clients you worked with, and/or those you did not. Ideally those experiences are from 2020, but it’s OK to step back a little further if you prefer. You are welcome to share more than 5 items, too, if you’re feeling especially thankful.
TOPIC 2: Thankful for ActiveRain
We are all thankful in many ways for being part of ActiveRain in 2020.
It might be something we learned, an experience we shared, people we got to know, a referral we received or handed out, or something that inspired us either personally or in our business.
For this option please share 5 things you are thankful for as a valued member of AR this year, general or specific…but certainly share more if you like (sorry, no extra points for more than 5).
Write a Gratitude Post - Things I am Grateful For
There is no doubt we all have many things to be grateful for, and perhaps even more this year. For this Bonus, please write a post sharing 5 or more things you are thankful for – these can be personal or business related, whatever you want - and you will receive 750 points.
NOTE: In order to get your 750 BONUS OPTION points you must also write a post for either TOPIC 1 OR TOPIC 2 above (i.e., a total of 1500 points).
Wait, it gets better!
Write a post for each of the 2 Topics, plus your gratitude post for the Bonus Option (that's 3 posts) and you will be rewarded with a total of 2250 points. Now that's something to be thankful for!
So here's a recap:
Topic 1 post OR Topic 2 post - 750 points
Topic 1 post PLUS Topic 2 post - 1500 points
Topic 1 post OR Topic 2 post PLUS your Gratitude post on "Things I am Grateful For," for 1500 points
Topic 1 post PLUS Topic 2 post PLUS Gratitude Post, for 2250 points
Of course there are guidelines to follow in order to receive those extra points…so here they are:
1. For the posts on Topic 1 and/or 2, and the Bonus Gratitude post, you do not need to limit yourself to 5 items if you are feeling especially Thankful, but there are no extra points for extra Thankfulness…just good feelings for yourself and your readers!
2. Each post should be a minimum of 250 words.
3. Each post should include at least 1 original photo, video, or perhaps a graphic you have created that relates in some way to your topic.
4. Please be sure to include a working link to your post, or multiple links if you write 2 or 3 posts, in ONE COMMENT in the comment section below. That way we won't miss your posts and you will get the points you deserve.
5. DEADLINE - Your post(s) must be live by 11:59 pm PST (that’s ActiveRain time) on Monday November 30 and your comment posted. Keep in mind the 26th is Thanksgiving in case you are busy for the weekend with family and/or friends – don’t leave your writing to the last minute and miss out!!
The Challenge begins today, November 1 (BTW don’t forget the time change at 2:00 am on the 1st)!