I represent taxpayers in Maple Grove, Minnesota and all the 50 States in the United State before all administrative levels—examination, collection, and appeals—of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The IRS have options available for taxpayer who owe taxes and can not fully pay the amount owed.The best thing you can do is to confront the problem, pick up the phone and speak with the IRS agent. I understand the wait times are long but the peace of mind/deals you can get over the phone may be worthwhile.
Depending on your tax situation, you should request the following.
1. Request that some/all the penalties and Interest be removed. Mention - FTA
2. Request for more time to pay the back taxes.
3. Request the wage garnishment to be stopped.
4. Request that the Tax lien or Tax levy to be removed.
5. Request that your account to be put on hold. i.e Stop collection actions
6. Set up a payment plan that works for you.
7. Request for a Collection due process hearing/Equivalent Hearing .if you want someone to look at your case.
8. Request to speak with the Higher ups.
9. Ask - What is the minimum monthly payment the IRS is willing to accept.
10.Unusual- You can ask the IRS to take the debt from your IRA account.
Ph. (612) 516 – 5878
Fax (651) 419 -2021
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org