Christmas is just around the corner, have you started your gift shopping yet?
I know this year many of us are under a lot of pressure financially. With Christmas coming up, this can add extra stress…
The truth is, celebrating the holidays doesn’t have to be expensive.
Here are 6 tips to help you save money for this Christmas:
- Start Christmas planning NOW. You still have time, so start writing down a list of gifts you want to buy for your friends and family.
- Have a budget for Christmas. Especially if you are on a tight budget, it’s a good idea to set a limit on how much you want to spend. A good rule of thumb is to spend no more than 1% of your overall income on the holidays.
- Do a Pre-Christmas clear out to make room and extra cash. Give away the unwanted items to charity, sell them on ebay or Facebook marketplace.
- Shop for Black Friday deals. This year, I’ve noticed many online stores have extended this 1 day event to 3-5 days. So be sure to take advantage of this, especially for big ticketed items on your list.
- Consider buying 2nd hand gifts for your kids. I know this is a controversial one, but if you are on a tight budget, you can find some game consoles, toys, books or even bikes with great condition on ebay or Facebook marketplace.
- Participate in a secret Santa. This works really well for people at work, a friend circle, or a large extended family. Rather than buying a gift for every person, you only buy for the person you draw out of the hat. This is a great way to save money for Christmas especially you have a long list of friends and family to buy gifts for.
Need gift ideas for family and friends that don’t break your bank?
- 25 CHEAP but THOUGHTFUL Christmas gift ideas
- 50+ gift ideas for the elderlies in your life for all budgets
Hope these tips help you to save money this Christmas and gift ideas allow you to enjoy the spirit of giving without breaking the bank!