A Jingled Jangled Dangled Christmas!
While sheltering in place at the North Pole, Santa's reindeer became extremely restless. Suddenly, their life desires went beyond just playing reindeer games or guiding the sleigh on Christmas Eve.
Each reindeer left, forging a different path:
- Dasher - was hired on as a Shopping Cart Wrangler at the mall because he was ultra-light on his hooves.
- Dancer - took a job at the local Gentledeer's Club, specializing in pole dancing, twirling and swirling, with bells on.
- Prancer - dreamed of being a Barista at Starbuck's. He sure liked his skinny, frothy, vanilla, caramel, frappe latte's!
- Vixen - became an Administrator Communications Mediator, setting up satellite zoom meetings for celebrities.
- Comet - always a late sleeper, pursued the career of a Cosmic Waker-upper, alighting the stars at nightfall.
- Cupid - ultimately fell in love with Rudolph's ex-girlfriend Clarice, they married and moved to the Enchanted Forest.
- Donner - joined the military as a Dittybopper after becoming proficient in Morse code communications.
- Blitzen - participated in too many holiday cocktail binges and ended up a frequent visitor at the jail.
- Rudolph - traveled to South America, accepted the lead guide position for a cave-exploring spelunker company. That nose!
Not one to give up or get easily defeated, Santa had to think quick to secure a reliable mode of global transportation to deliver the toys to all the good girls and boys. He called, asking us for ideas.
We offered our 1962 John Deere tractor, it was pretty fast! Soon Santa and The Mrs. arrived, we ate homemade German chocolate cookies and drank rich hot chocolate by the roaring fire.
At a late hour, we said our goodbyes. With a twitch of his nose, sitting atop the tractor seat, they became airborne. It was quite a magical sight to see them take flight, traveling upright that night!
2020 has presented many challenges. The heartiest continue to maintain a positive holiday spirit, adapting and adjusting as Christmas soon arrives to see it through to the New Year!
This is an entry to: Holiday Fun and Cheer December Challenge!
Anna Banana Kruchten CRS CRB, Phoenix Broker & Carol Williams