With the holiday season upon us, I think it's the perfect time to share with you an easy to make peanut butter dessert that you and your family will enjoy. It's one of my favorite desserts next to a homemade caramel cake. If for some strange reason, I was only able to eat that and the dessert I'm going to introduce to you today for the rest of my life I would be ok. My teeth would probably be rotten from all of the sugar but I'd still have a big smile on my face. The dessert that I'm going to teach you how to make is called Peanut Butter Chews.
I was introduced to this treat as a young kid while attending lunch in our school cafeteria. It instantly became a favorite and something I still make to this day. It's quick to make and only requires 4 ingredients to make. I don't think there are many dishes you will be making this holiday that only requires 4 ingredients but this one does. If you're not allergic to peanut butter and want to try something new let's get started!
- Corn Flakes
- Peanut Butter
- Karo Light Corn Syrup
Cookie sheet, Wax paper, Stove Pot, Spoon
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place to the side
2. In a stove top pot on low heat pour 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of corn syrup
3. Stir until both sugar and syrup are well mixed together and has come to a slight boil
4. Add 5 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter and stir until completely melted
5. Add 4 cups of corn flakes to mixture
6. Stir until well coated and remove from heat
7. Spoon out individual chews onto your cookie sheet lined with wax paper
8. Allow to cool in your refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up and enjoy
There you go, a quick and easy treat that you will be able to make all year round. If you decide to make these, leave a comment once done and let me know how they turned out. Happy Holidays to everyone!