What is Santa bringing you for Christmas? Many Home Sellers are asking Santa for "A BUYER'. Here in the Manchester NH area though, some Home Sellers might be getting coal.
"What can I do to avoid getting coal for Christmas?" many Home Sellers are asking. The recipe for success is simple.
1. Do NOT over price your home? Many home sellers believe they can ask any price for their home and someone will pay it. That is not true. The amount of buyers has declined greatly. There are buyers out there, and they are not over paying for homes.
2. Learn "You get what you pay for". Many sellers think homes are selling themselves, so why pay a listing agent. They are soon finding out that discount brokers can mean discount services. A great listing aims to get more for your home that more than covers commissions. It can get you a higher price and more profit for you, the seller.
3. Learn all agents are NOT the same. You should know that, Agents are NOT created equal. I strive to be a great agent by completing both the simple tasks to superman like marketing plans. Simple like answering the phone, returning messages and emails. Great agents are there for you through out each step of the selling process. Let me show you there is a difference.
4. LET BUYERS SEE THE HOME. You can not sell your home unless a buyer gets in to see it. Too many buyers and their agent put so many restrictions, that buyers can not see their home. Less buyers equal less offers which can equal a lower selling price.
5. GET THE HOME READY TO SELL. Too many sellers do not know what it takes to get the home ready. When we list a home we walk through showing you what is needed. If you can see it with your eyes, so can the buyer. From maintaining the lawn and yard and to having an attractive front door. Fixing broken things, removing clutter and keeping things clean
6. Santa does not like smelly homes and neither do home buyers. Pet smells, mold and smoking scare buyers away
7. You yourself should be ready to sell. Know what to expect and what is expected of you. So many home sellers list with who ever and "what comes next" is not discussed. It is important to know what steps are involved in the selling process. What is needed and in what time frame.
8. DON'T STRESS. Do you know many of the stresses that come with home selling can be minimized if not eliminated if you just did things right from the start. It all starts with who you list with.
9. KNOW YOUR PRICES. A great agent will "shine" when they tell you what your house is worth, what you should ask and what price you may sell it for. Know what the neighbors houses have sold for and what else is listed in your area. You do not need big flashy market analysis forms, you need the truth. Real numbers based on facts.
10. DO NOT UNDER PRICE YOUR HOME? What you may ask. Too many sellers are pricing their home less than market value to try to get a bidding war. Bidding wars are over in many areas. Price the home right from the start. Get full value and avoid the stress of playing games. Do it right from the start.
In the end, the most important thing in Real Estate for me is to provide GREAT SERVICE. My philosophy is simple. To provide the best personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the selling and buying process.
All agents are not created equal and every consumer should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest agent. Let me show you there is a difference. Please Support locally owned and operated business. List with us and let us show you there is a difference.
Locally owned and operated since 1985.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 35 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborough, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.