Minnesota:Types of Payment Plan you can set up with the IRS

Education & Training with FishCoin Tax Solutions IRS 00139079-EA

I represent taxpayers in Twin Cities,Minnesota and all the 50 States in the United State before all administrative levels—examination, collection, and appeals—of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

If you owe back taxes to the IRS. The IRS may allow you to set up a payment plan   (Installment Agreement) to pay the debt if you meet certain conditions.

An installment agreement is simply a payment plan or agreement between the IRS and a taxpayer to allow the taxpayer to pay their back-tax debt in monthly payments.There are various forms of installment agreement, each of which has special rules. The four types of installement agreements are :

  • Automatic (if you owe less than $10,000)
  • Streamlined(If you owe less than $50,000)
  • Regular
  • Partial - Pay

Automatic Installment Agreement.

Also called Guarantee Installment Agreement  is where a taxpayer owes less than $10,000 in tax and during the past 5 years has not owed any tax or had an installment agreement i.e

  • In complianance - Your previous five years’ returns may not have been filed or paid late.
  • You have not  used an installment agreement plan option within the previous five years.
  • You can pay the entire amount within three years or less.

This installment program is simple enough to apply for yourself online, and you are likely to qualify for this agreement as long as you meet the criteria for your past taxes. Also, you don't need to provide a full financial statement to the Internal Revenue Service.

Streamlined Installment Agreement

A streamlined installment agreement is very similar to the automatic installment
agreement. If a taxpayer meets the following criteria, they can simply make a phone
call to the IRS and arrange an installment agreement:
• The taxpayer owes less than $50,000
• The taxpayer has not had a back-tax debt or an installment agreement in the last
5 years
• The taxpayer agrees to full pay the liability within 72 months or before the
Collection Statute Expiration Date (“CSED”), whichever occurs first.

Just like an automatic agreement, with a streamlined agreement the taxpayer does not
have to provide any financial information. The taxpayer can create an agreement with
just a phone call (or going to the IRS website).

Regular Installment Agreement

When a taxpayer cannot meet the requirements of a streamline installment agreement because He/She owe more than $50,000 or because of IRS collection statutes limitation is about to expire(the IRS does not have enough time to collect on the debt).The taxpayer will be required to complete a collection information statement (IRS Fom 433). The IRS thoroughly reviews your financial situation so you can pay the debt off as early as possible. And this time, you will need to furnish a financial statement.At this point you should get a tax professional to help you. A tax professional can make sure you get the IRS all the required financial information and fill out a Collection Information Statement (Form 433-F or Form -433A or Form 433-B if you own a business).
Partial Payment Installment Agreement

The IRS may allow you to pay part of your debt if you show you can't afford the minimum payment for a guaranteed or streamlined installment payment plan. A partial payment agreement allows you to take longer to repay, and the IRS will evaluate your financial position every 18 months  to see if you are better off. They will include your equity in assets in their calculations.
If you or anyone you know have unfiled returns and have back tax issues with the IRS or State . Please feel free to contact me by phone or email.

Joe Alabi EA MAcct (Taxation)

FishCoin Tax Solutions

4124 Quebec Avenue North Suite 307

New Hope,MN 55427

Phone : 612 516 5878

Fax: 651 409 2021

Email : info@fishcointax.com


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Local News and Events
Minnesota Hennepin County
back taxes
unfiled taxes
joe alabi ea
fishcoin tax solutions
optima tax relief

Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?