If you are new to Active Rain or you've been here a while, you may still not understand the whole "point' thing here in the Rain. When I joined almost 10 years ago, I had no concept of even blogging much less receiving points. As I continued to engage, post, follow, like, etc. the points just started racking up.
So what do these points mean to us as AR members? The reasons are numerous:
- Points provide us with goals in an achievement-based manner.
- As your points grow, you rise in ranking in your area, city, state, and nationally.
- Points show your engagement to other AR members as you like, invite, and comment.
- Growing points means you are committed to blogging and to the AR community.
- The more you engage with the members, you will find and meet new friends from all over the country.
For an extensive list, see the AR Post on Points. Here are some of the ways to earn points:
225 - Posting a blog
100 - daily logging in
25 - comments on other posts
6 - When someone likes your post
There are so many other ways to earn points through following others, having them follow you, re-blogging, AR Contests, Inviting others to join AR, and more. As your points accumulate, you will have fun climbing the point ladder.
The very best part of the entire platform of Active Rain is the engagement amongst the members. The help, mentoring, care, teaching, and support is what makes this site different. I have met so many wonderful people along the way and have AR friends all over the country!
So jump in and collect those points. You will have fun while engaging with the Active Rain family. AR points, who knew? Stay tuned for many more tips and tricks here in the Rain.
Other Who Knew Posts: