"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think."
I shared this on my Facebook Timeline yesterday and would like to share it with all of my ActiveRain friends today.
2020 has been a rough year, rougher for some than others! We don't know what this new year holds but I do know we have control over our own thought process and how we react to our circumstances.
Today I'd like to look toward the new year and wish you all:
1) Health... the greatest "wealth" of all,
2) Strength... the strength needed to weather the tough times,
3) Wisdom... the wisdom to make good decisions through the ups and downs of this thing called "life",
4) Perspective... the perspective to count your blessings even when the chips are down. I like to think of this as knowing the difference between "inconvenience" and a "crisis". We all experience crisis in life, and a LOT of inconvenience.
5) Patience... sometimes we just need to take a deep breath and not be in a hurry. It will keep your blood pressure down and save a lot of hard feelings.
6) Faith... the faith to know that you are not in "charge" of all things, and sometimes you just need to trust a higher power than you. I've discovered many silver linings in the darkest of clouds.
7) Hope... the hope that no matter what is happening, there is a purpose and it helps to be willing to look for, and be willing to accept, whatever lesson there is from the events of life,
8) Charity... to always be on the lookout for an opportunity to help someone. Random Acts of Kindness are a far better high than any drug,
9) Joy... to see the joy in all things, big and small.
I could go on, but you get the idea. We all look forward to the new year with great anticipation, as we should. And, we also need to be realistic as we travel through this journey on Earth.
Relish every day as a special gift and it will be a very Happy 2021.