ZOOM-califragilisticexpialidocious - JANUARY 2021 ActiveRain Challenge
Jeff Dowler, CRS and I are very excited to present ActiveRain’s FIRST Challenge of 2021! The challenge is to enlist members to share our ZOOM excitement with other members who may not know how amazing this group is!
One of the comments at our last ‘It’s a Wrap’ meeting for 2020 was that the breadth of topics was impressive. Another, that the social value of these ZOOM meetings has done so much for each of us.
Why not share our enthusiasm with the masses? So, this month’s challenge will be to hold the hand of a member (OR YOU) who has not been an active part of our ZOOM calls, getting them (or you!) to attend one of or more of our calls during the month of January. We are hopeful that this month’s involvement will lead to future involvement in our incredible group.
Here is the challenge & how Jeff Dowler & I see this playing out…
1. Attend January’s ZOOM sessions and write a post about each session you attended (up to 2) to summarize what you learned, share your experience and encourage others to attend…and why you are encouraging them to attend. 750 points per post (again, up to 2).
2. Invite a new member to attend a ZOOM meeting - a phone call is preferred. Remember the days of the Meme posts? One member called out another one to write a post and share a little about themselves. This is similar - and it will be for THEIR gain as well. I think of all of the golden nuggets I’ve taken away from these sessions - there really aren’t a lot of classes we’ve taken in the past that can compare to the knowledge shared in these sessions.
For this part of the challenge, write a post (worth 750 points) each week about your call with that new member and your introduction of the new member to the challenge. If your ‘newbie’ attends a full ZOOM call, you will BOTH receive 250 extra points (remember you will each already receive 500 points).
**NOTE: A ‘New Member’ or ‘Newbie’ only means someone who hasn’t attended our ZOOM meetings in the past (up to 2). Of course, you can invite more members to the meetings and introduce them at the ZOOM meeting(s) but, points will only be awarded for YOU for up to two members.
Possible points -
750 - Post #1 after attending the first meeting.
750 - Post #2 after attending the second meeting.
750 - Post #3 explaining who your first member is that you invited to the ZOOM meetings and how you ‘sold’ them on the meetings.
750 - Post #4 explaining who your second member is that you invited to the ZOOM meetings and why you thought they should attend.
250 - Additional points for you and your first ‘newbie’ attending the ZOOM meeting
250 - Additional points for you and your second ‘newbie’ attending their second ZOOM meeting.
3,500 possible points for January’s challenge!!
***NOTE: In order to be awarded all possible points, you have to start week 1 - only ONE 750-point post possible per week! ALSO, 500 word minimum for each post.
PLEASE SHARE ALL POST LINKS IN ONE COMMENT BELOW! This and all rules must be followed in order to be awarded points. If you think it's too difficult to keep up with all of your posts for the month in order to put them in one comment, IT IS! Imagine doing that for every participating member!!
****Have a scheduling conflict and Tuesday attendance is absolutely NEVER possible for you? …..You can still invite people to share in the fun of our ZOOM conferences. Here are other options for those who have standing meetings on Tuesdays at 2PM EST. There is a 3-post maximum (750 points each) and must be about one or all three of the topics below. Any other topics (not about ZOOM [how you use it, tips and tricks for using ZOOM and or what you love or don't love about it] will not be awarded points.
- Write a post about how you have used ZOOM (client meetings, training, office meetings, etc.)
- Share in a post some of the tricks of the trade to using ZOOM.
- Let’s talk ZOOM - What you love about it and what you don’t! (Be sure you cite factual information about the reasons you don't - just not liking ZOOMing isn't a reason to fabricate 'issues' with ZOOM!)
Let’s have fun with this challenge! The 30+ members who regularly attend these calls look forward to you joining us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!