Recycle as much as you can
Get a green start to the New Year by recycling as much as you can when you clean up from the holiday season.
- Natural trees can be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on your regular recycling day. Remove all decorations.
- Wrapping paper (only if it is not shiny, foil-lined or glittery), glass containers and many plastics can be easily recycled thanks to the City's single stream recycling program. Place them all in your bin by 7 a.m. for curbside pick-up.
- Many retailers accept unwanted mobile phones for reuse. Consider donating yours.
- Disposable batteries are not considered hazardous and can be placed in your household trash.
- Rechargeable batteries, computers and other electronic devices should be taken to the Transfer Station. You might also consider holding on to unwanted electronic devices until the City's next community shredding event.
- Not sure what else is recyclable? Download the Recycle Coach app or visit the Recycle Coach on the City's website. In addition to recycling pick-up reminders and schedule change notifications, it also has a handy look-up feature for what is and is not recyclable in Gaithersburg.
This is a City of Gaithersburg, Maryland announcement.
Wintertime Photowalk in Kentlands, Gaithersburg, Maryland USA
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs