Stowe, Vermont area condo sales Market Report - 2020 compared to 2019.
The Stowe, VT area saw a significant increase in the sale of condos. Vermont sales benefited from many buyers looking for a more remote location to come to while dealing with COVID 19 in their home state. Another trend we saw was people making Vermont their primary residence as they could work remotely from their Stowe property.
The CHART below shows the sales of condos in Vermont, Stowe, Waterbury and Morristown, Vermont. The average inventory of condos in Waterbury and Morristown in 2020 was 0; however there were sales in both towns.
STATE OF VERMONT Condo Sales:
- # of condos sold - Up 16%
- Median Sale Price - Up 11%, Average Sale Price - Up 17%
- Average # of Condos for Sale - Down 28%
STOWE, VT Condo Sales:
- # of condos sold - Up 62%
- Median Sale Price - Up 29%, Average Sale Price - Up 23%
- Average # of Condos for Sale - Down 11%
WATERBURY, VT Condo Sales:
- # of condos sold - Up 250%
- Median Sale Price - Down 17%, Average Sale Price - Up 17%
- Average # of Condos for Sale - unchanged (0)
MORRISTOWN, VT Condo Sales:
- # of condos sold - no change
- Median and Average Sale Price - up 3%
Condos can be a great purchase for buyers - especially those looking for a vacation property. Through the home owners association, many of the routine tasks are taken care of - such as mowing and plowing. They can also be a source of rental income through good management practices. For some buyers, they are a great solution for their needs.