With new trends endlessly popping up, it can be challenging to decide what home improvement projects are worth your time and money. It will serve you well to research what trends are timeless and what trends have gone by the wayside before investing in updating your home, especially if you are getting ready to put it on the market. To simplify that process for you, here is a list of the hottest home improvement projects for 2021!
- Swimming Pools. In the past, swimming pools have not been the most desirable features for potential buyers. However, 2020 changed things. They have become a hot ticket item now that more people are staying home and are looking for ways to stay busy without having to go anywhere. Pool companies can hardly keep up with the demand, and even inflatable kiddie pools have sold out everywhere. Investing in something that can provide a “staycation” in your own back yard is a good idea in 2021!
- Smart homes. With the ever-increasing intelligence of technology, there has been a recent surge in smart home popularity. People enjoy the efficiency of controlling lights, air conditioning systems and home security with the touch of a button on their mobile device. Best Smart Home Devices for 2021
- Quartz. It looks like quartz is a trend that is here to stay, and for good reasons. Quartz countertops stand the test of time, look fabulous and are easy to maintain. Quartz countertops show well and can impress potential buyers.
- Outdoor Entertaining Spaces. The past year has brought with it a huge demand for upgrading outdoor spaces for homeowners. Consider adding a patio, deck, pergola or enclosed porch to create an inviting space to spend time outdoors while at home. Ten Outdoor Living Trends for 2021
- Dedicated Home Office. With more people working and taking classes from home, it’s no longer convenient to just set up office at the kitchen table. A designated work space is not only needed, but is a desirable feature for potential homebuyers.
- Closed Floor Plans. Open floor plans have been all the rage for many years, but again, 2020 changed things. With so many people both working and doing school at home, private spaces are needed. So, if you are planning a renovation this year, you may want to consider adding doors and walls to create separate spaces.
These are just a few home improvement trends that can make your home more desirable to homebuyers this year!
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home, let Sandra Nickel and her Hat Team of Professionals assist you with all your real estate needs! Call them today at 334-834-1500!
Photo Credit: hgtv.com