- December 2020 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales -
December closed out the year with the highest sales volume we have seen. We also closed out with the lowest inventory we have seen.
There are four items we track on a monthly basis:
- Single-family homes for sale - Orange Line - The number of homes for sale at the end of the month.
- Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) - Gray Line - The number of homes in UCB status at the end of the month.*
- Pending home sales - Yellow Line - The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
- Home Sales - Blue Line - The number of homes sold during the month.
DECEMBER 2020 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory fell even more in December. We closed the month out with only 586 homes for sale. This is about half of the number of homes we would expect to see.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts were down in December, probably due to the holidays and very low inventory.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were also down in December, but they still posted a solid number.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales were incredible. There were 638 homes that sold, the highest we have seen. Sales in the under $1 million price point were 211.5% of available inventory!
Here are two more sales metrics that we look at each month.
Percent Change Month Over Month - This is where we compare performance on a month over month basis. For instance, the number of homes for sale were down 28% between the end of November and December.
Sales Price to List Price - Here we look at what homes sold for in comparison to what they were on the market for. In December, on average, homes sold for 97.5% of their asking prices
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes