Today is a great opportunity to say something positive about the people you come into contact with. Why, you ask? January 24th is Compliment Day! Everyone has good attributes, but not everyone gets a chance to know which ones others appreciate. Even a little compliment can have BIG incluence on making someone's day.
Its a cinch to find compliments for family and loved ones, even for your Mother-in-Law. (Tip: She's probably a good cook). Maybe remind your significant other, family member or child, that there's no one else like them.
Friends are friends because you see something good about them. Here's an easy compliment to a friend: "Wow, you're very intelligent...you choose your friends wisely".
- Those you see day-to-day are people too! Take a moment to tell your neighbor they have a wonderful smile, or let your child's teacher know you're impressed by how much patience they have (especially for younger ages).
It's more challenging to compliment your boss, or anyone you don't enjoy. Take up the challenge, and find a compliment for them today, too.
Remember that line in the Movie Bambi, when Thumper the rabbit's Mama told him, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". If after a long search for something complimentary to say, you can't find an appropriate one, then silence is golden.
How many compliments should you give out today? The common suggestion is five compliments given to five different people. Be sure to graciously accept coompliments received, too.
If you really want to brighten up someone's day and bond with loved ones, here's a fun game to play for the day.
A Compliment Day Game
- Gather in a circle.
- Look at the person to your left.
- Find a compliment for that person.
- Write the compliment on the front piece of paper and on back write who it is for.
- Gather the notes and post on a board.
- All players match each of the compliments to a player.
- The person with the most correct matches wins.
Images courtesy of pixabay.com and Google Images.
Thanks for reading "Give, Take Compliments on January 24 Compliment Day."