Thanks for this ...Good information to share with others.
Over the years I've encountered people that REALLY knew their stuff. They had particular skills that I could never master no matter how long I might try. I have no ear for music, I don't think I could slide a helicopter on its skids across a grass field and I'll never dunk a basketball without the help of a ladder.
But I have skills of a different sort, skills that they don't really tell you about needing in real estate school, but years later I consider essential to being successful as a real estate agent:
- Micro and Macro Manager: The ability to see (and manage) the minutiae without losing sight of the big picture.
- Prognosticator: Analyzing market trends, predicting outcomes of negotiation strategies, etc.
- Cyberstalker: Checking out Internet leads. What, this one has a criminal record for threatening murder?? Yeah, I think I'll pass on that one (true story just this week).
- Matchmaker: Got a client moving out of state? It's not just enough to find someone competent, but there are personalities to consider too.
- Social Reputation Manager: Do you fight a bad review? Or assume the reviewer will decide to bring in 45 of her closest friends to also hammer you? That's a decision we were helping a professional with yesterday.
- Emotions Manager: Working with Cold feet the morning of closing, the stress of MAJOR life changes, giving up a home after 40 years, all part of job.
- Programmer: I'm not a coder, but I can understand some basics of html and how to fix things when fonts are wonky or a friend says their post won't post due to a size constraint.
- Sherpa: Providing real estate guidance to home buyers and sellers. They may not buy and sell often, but we do.
- Treasure Hunter: Looking for that perfect match when there's nothing on the market. We "panned" the West Virginia property records for weeks to find the land for our next home. I have dozens of searches set up for our buyer clients and start each morning surveying the new listings for that Goldilocks home.
- Lumberjack: Capable of cleaning up fallen tree limbs on a vacant property on a Sunday afternoon after a bad storm (another true story), and something I've gotten to do for our personal home many times because...living in the woods.
And the list could go on and on.
We have to be flexible, we have to keep learning.
What special skills have you added?
Until next Tuesday, just Ask An Ambassador if you need help!
Bill of Bill & Liz aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Https://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map