Nobody wants to be in a situation where a house must be sold quickly, but sometimes circumstances beyond our control occur and suddenly there is a mad rush to get a house on the market and sold pronto. If you find yourself in that situation, don’t despair! I am here to tell you that you CAN sell a house quickly and for the best possible price. The following tips will help you get your house ready inexpensively, and before you know it you will receive an offer and be on the move!
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL REALTOR: Seriously. You will be so glad you did! Find a Realtor with a track record of sales that lets you know that she can sell a house quickly. One way to be sure you find the right Realtor is to check TESTIMONIALS. If a Realtor has a lot of happy clients, there is a good chance you will be happy too! Now is not the time to hire someone because she’s the friend of a friend, or he went to the same college as you. Do your research and find someone who will truly make this process as stress free as possible for you while successfully marketing and selling your home.
- RENT A STORAGE UNIT: You don’t have a lot of time to declutter your home, so you need to be smart about it. Shoving extraneous items in your closets is not a solution because potential buyers walking through your home will be looking in said closets. A better option is a storage unit that can house anything that you need to get out of the house while it is on the market. The best rule of thumb is that if you don’t use something daily, store it. Keep in mind that if you rent a portable storage unit, you can have your things transported to your new home once you have moved.
- USE A PROFESSIONAL STAGER AND PHOTOGRAPHER: It’s always important that potential buyers get a stellar first impression of your home, but even more vital when you are in a hurry to sell. Experienced home stagers are able to look at your house and see it from a buyer’s perspective. They know how to emphasize the positive and down play the negative. Equally important are your listing photos. The more photos you have, the more likely your property will be viewed online. If hiring a professional photographer is not in the budget, then do your homework and be sure to take the best photos possible. Real Estate Photography Tips
- TAKE THE “YOU” OUT OF YOUR HOME: Potential buyers want to look at a home and imagine it as their own. It’s hard to do that if they are surrounded by your family photos and personal treasures. Let’s face it, your little one’s art project may be a “Mona Lisa” to you, but might just be distracting to a buyer. Keep it simple with the art…you want them to see the house and how it could be their home.
- BRING ON THE LIGHT: A poorly lit home comes across drab and dreary. Who wants that? Brighten things up with both natural and artificial light. When your house is going to be shown, make sure window coverings are open and turn on lights in all part of the house. Consider new paint if any of your rooms are dark colors. A fresh coat of a light, neutral shade will not only make a room feel brighter, but bigger as well.
- MAKE SMALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS: Now is not the time to start a major renovation. Focus on small improvements in rooms like the kitchen and bathroom, where return on investment is most likely to occur. Small, inexpensive touches such as a new shower curtain or new hand towels can give a room a boost. And if you have old, run down appliances, spending a little money to get shiny new ones will be well worthwhile!
- SPRUCE UP CURB APPEAL: First impressions matter…A LOT. When a potential buyer pulls up to your house, it is vital that they like what they see on the outside, or they might not ever make it inside. Make sure your yard is tidy by mowing and edging the lawn, trimming up shrubs and putting down new mulch. Use a pressure washer to clean the exterior of your home along with your driveway and sidewalks. Put a fresh coat of paint on your front door and create a welcoming aesthetic on your front porch with some pretty flowers. Remember…you can’t sell your house if people don’t see it. A lovely exterior indicates an equally lovely interior.
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE: Take part in promoting your home. Your Realtor will take care of listing it, but you can use your own social media to get the word out too! Don’t be shy. Send your listing to as many people as you can. You never know who might know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone that is looking for a home where you live!
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home, let Sandra Nickel and her Hat Team of Professionals assist you with all your real estate needs! Call them today at 334-834-1500 and check out https://www.homesforsaleinmontgomeryalabama.com/ for more info!
Photo Credits: forbes.com, interiorfun.com, diynetwork.com