Apple Valley Lake, OH, is a beautiful location. The size of the lake allows for many lakefront homes, which provide a fantastic view. This kind of beauty is always desirable, which makes the real estate market here a good one.
As a homeowner living in Apple Valley Lake, OH, you may decide to sell your home. For some people, selling as quickly as possible is the goal. Others aim to make as much profit as they can from the sale. Either way, staging is a great way to achieve both of these. By staging your home, you will get more interest in the property. You will also have it looking its best, which is crucial.
Staging doesn’t mean a complete makeover. To stage a house to its best, you might not even need to buy a single thing. It is all about making sure that the home you want to sell looks the best that it can. In Apple Valley Lake, OH, this is very important. A lot of these homes already look great, and the lake helps too.
It is important to know how to stage your home right to get the most out of it. If you do it right, the difference can be incredible! That is one of the things that this post will discuss.
What Are the Benefits of Staging a Home in Apple Valley Lake, OH?
As a homeowner, you stand to gain a lot from staging your home. The only thing that you have to lose is your time. Don’t worry, it will be worth it. A well-staged home will be a lot more attractive to buyers for many reasons.
Many professional companies can stage your home for you as well. For home staging to be a whole enterprise, it must mean there is something you can gain from it! Here are some of the benefits of staging in Apple Valley Lake, OH:
1. It helps the buyer visualize it as their home. Staging isn’t only about cleaning up. It’s about showing the potential that a home has for a buyer. Everyone has a different look in mind when it comes to interior decor. Avoid staging the house too closely to your particular taste. It can make it hard for the buyer to visualize it as their dream home. The best type of staging keeps everything simple yet refined. In most cases, you can stage without spending too much or any money. A professional may bring furniture and equipment to do the most for your home. If the home is a waterfront property, staging with canoes and barbecues can add to the appeal. You want a buyer to be able to see the benefits of buying a lakefront home.
2. It makes the house sell faster. Think about it for a moment. Consider that you want to go and buy a home. You go for a showing and it is impeccably staged. You can imagine yourself living there. You know you won’t get the furniture, but you’ve been able to see the potential of the house. If you liked it before the showing, then you’ll be ready to snap it up! Many buyers will buy a lot sooner when a house gets staged well.
3. It can help you sell at the right price. Staging will have interested buyers making good offers. When the house looks the part, then your price tag will seem more reasonable. If they check your listing online or come for a showing, they expect a place that looks worth the money. It is up to you to make sure that that is the case with your staging.
4. It gives you a better-looking listing. If you pair a professional stager and photographer, you have a great duo. Your online listing is only as strong as its pictures. The better looking your house is in the photos, the more interest it will drive. It’s as easy as that!
How to Stage a Home in Apple Valley Lake, OH
Staging waterfront property can differ a little from a regular home. If you’re selling in Apple Valley Lake, OH, it is important to get it right. Some staging steps will take a bit of work while others are minor tips. Here are some of them:
1. Show off the benefits of the water. The lakefront lifestyle is a major consideration for many buyers. Show off fishing equipment, beach things, and kayaks or boats. These help the buyer visualize the benefits of the water.
2. Make sure your dock and deck look great. These are both very important for waterfront properties. You have to make sure everything is in top shape. If you need to make repairs or replace anything, get that done before any showings.
3. Inside the house, use the view to your advantage. You should keep the windows with a view of the water clear. Keep the curtains open and the path to the windows clear as well. This makes them so inviting to look out of. That view can be the clincher that you need.
4. Depersonalize the home. A buyer seeing pictures of your family on the wall can make it feel less like a home for them. They’ll want to be able to see themselves in the house, so keep personal effects aside.
5. Remove clutter. The last thing you need is papers and other small items all over the house. Clean the house and put all these smaller objects in a place where they are out of sight. If you need access to these things, then keep them hidden just for the duration of the showing.
6. Show off your closets. They don’t get enough love, but a closet is one of the most important parts of a bedroom. This is where people keep a lot of their personal items. You should emphasize how spacious they are. Remove some of your items to show off the space in the closet. Leave some natural-looking items inside though. An empty closet can look alien.
If you are looking to sell your home in Apple Valley Lake, OH, you need a good agent by your side. This is what Sherrie and Joe Toth are here for. They’ll make sure that you get your house staged well and sold fast.
You can call them up at 740-390-0735! Sherrie and Joe Toth will make selling your home easier than it has ever been!