A great source of real estate leads is through your website. According to the National Association of REALTORS, more than 80% of prospective homebuyers search online to find their prospective agents as well as their prospective dream houses.
With that kind of lead volume flowing online, it makes sense to optimize your website to capture both the highest quantity and quality of leads available - but how do you do it? The answer is to maximize your organic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy.
Here are a few tasks that can help you maximize your online SEO:
- Make sure your website works on both desktop & mobile devices.
- Add your business to local directory services like Google My Business, Bing Places for Business, and local citation sites.
- Build out associated Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages for your business.
- Make sure the description of your business is unique.
- Make sure you have lots of high quality photos.
- Make sure your online profiles are complete.
- Make sure your contact information is consistent across all sites, channels and pages.
- Optimize titles and mental description tags for relevant keywords on each page.
- Optimize the page content – the longer the better when it comes to content – make sure the content relates to the title and heading.
- Optimize images – each image should have a keyword related to the title of the image.
- Create interest in your brand/your business by using links that come back to your site such as LinkedIn, Homes.com, Bing Profiles, Google My Business, guest posts and press releases.
Remember to keep all of the content on your website clear, concise and focused on the needs of your customers, and try to make their online experience as fast & steamlined as possible. The more distractions they experience, the more likely they are to leave.