Long Islander's, have you completed your spring home maintenance checkup?
After a long winter, most of us on Long Island are more than ready for spring weather. However, the severe winter elements may have had an impact on the exterior of your home.
Here are 8 home maintenance tips for your Long Island Home this Spring:
1. Check for possible damage to the roof from missing or broken shingles.
2. Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing close to your house or that may be touching your roof.
3. Repair cracked or broken driveways and walkways.
4. Clean your gutters, and make sure the gutter extensions are clean and allow water to run away from the house.
5. Examine the exterior of the chimney for signs of damage. Have the flue cleaned and inspected.
6. Clean and service the outside unit of the air conditioning system as clean coils operate more efficiently.
7. Examine all wood trim around the windows, doors, rails and decks.
8. Don't forget the lawn movers and tractors may need to be tuned up before using.
Be proactive and face this new season safely and securely, and Smile...the Spring weather is finally here!
And, if you're ready to sell your Long Island home or condo, call Lawrence "Larry" and Sheila Agranoff Cell: 631-805-4400.
Long Island Homeowners Your Spring Home Maintenance Checklist