At a recent meeting of the Department of Commerce and the CDC, Federal government representatives discussed the growing number of Covid-19 cases that have been occuring since multiple states are starting to open up. In an effort to stem the tide of another nationwide outbreak of Covid-19, these agencies have issued new guidelines for business operations. In regard to real estate, the following guidelines have been suggested:
1. All showings beginning May 1, 2021 will be done through video.
2. Agents will be allowed to video their showings and transmit the video live to clients or they may send clients a video file of the listing.
3. Agents will be required to wear protective booties, masks, gloves, hair-nets and googles.
4. No potential buyers will be allowed inside homes being shown.
5. Agents may not be accompanied by anyone during the video sessions with the exception of service dogs for blind agents.
6. Upon exiting, the agents involved will be required to wash down anything they may have touched in the process, including, doorknobs, keys, bathroom faucets, toilets, cabinet handles or anything else they may have come in contact with during the visit.
7. All PPE material will be deposited in a hazard container outside of unit upon departure.
8. Any contract offers will only be allowed to be done electronically to avoid human contact.
The hope of the CDC, and the Department of Commerce, is by eliminating human contact, the chance of spreading Covid-19 will be diminished and anyone following these guidelines will be subject to an April Fools prank. Have a great day!!