We all have issues, adversity, and roadblocks that we run into all the time. To be sure, some are bigger than others. Some can be as simple as an annoyance, or a distraction while others can rise to the level of being completely debilitating.
Whatever the case … if you are alive … you are going to run into problems. If you are in the real estate business these days, you may be running into a few of these… what you call them? Oh, I know, I know… problems:
• Low Inventory.
• Poor Communication From Listing Agents
• Buyers losing out on properties – even though they went in over ask with no contingencies.
• Multiple Offer Situations.
• Appraisal Issues
• Repair Issues
• Add to this list if you want.
I get it, I’m with you, these are definitely problems that you will need to address if you are going to succeed in real estate sales. So let’s take a look at how to deal with… stuff that comes up.
Don’t get mad, freak out, start yelling and cussing people out. Don’t quit. Don’t give up. Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Don’t have a pitty party. Don’t do that kind of stuff. Ok, do all that stuff. But do it quick and get over it. You’ve got ten seconds... Get it out of your system.
Now – how to move forward when problems show up.
1. Identify the problem. On a sheet of paper, write down the problem. Keep it simple and succinct. Example: I need more listings.
2. Create a plan to fix the problem. Again, write out a simple plan to address the problem you have. Example: To fix __________ (problem) I will do _____________.
3. Work the plan until the problem is solved.
4. If the plan doesn’t work – create a different plan and repeat #3 until the problem is solved.
Here’s the thing. I’m going to say it again because I want you to really get this part. Here’s the thing. Keep your problem simple enough to understand, and make sure your plan is doable, and, and, and be sure to give your plan enough time to work.
If you follow these steps – virtually any problem can be solved… in time.
You got this. Here we go. Let's get it.
I hope y’all get a chance today to come up against a problem and then choose to attack it until you solve it, rather than wallow around in self-pity before giving up. Because if you do… if you do… the sky is the limit for you – even in this market.
For more tips and messages - check out my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008316725740