It's National Pet Day On April 11th!
Today is National Pet Day. Fur-real! Of course, in my own home, every day is National Pet Day... and my cat, Mr. Marlow, and my dog, Bingo, totally agree!
National Pet Day was founded in 2005 by the well-known animal welfare advocate, Colleen Paige, to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create public awareness about the plight of the many different kinds of animals awaiting fur-ever homes in shelters and rescues all around the globe.
"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not."
--- Ernest Hemingway
7 Purrfect Ways To Celebrate National Pet Day
1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or rescue organization. See the short list below of places where you can adopt a pet in the Charlotte metro area. But keep in mind during the COVID-19 SHELTER-IN-PLACE orders, it may not be possible to adopt today at some shelters; at others you may need to make an appointment in advance. In any case, call before heading out to a shelter.
2. Foster a pet. Shelters are asking for help and looking for temporary homes. .
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to a local shelter or rescue organization. Make a monetary contribution. Most organizations have a way to do it on their website page.
4. Host a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets with your friends!
5. Photograph your pets and post them on your Facebook page!
6. Assist an ill, elderly, or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food and other needed items for their pets and deliver them (with appropriate social distancing, of course).
7. Buy your pet a new toy (or several new toys, for that matter).
ADOPTING A SHELTER PET IN THE CHARLOTTE AREA
CAROLINA P.A.W.S. (PET ADOPTTION & WELFARE SOCIETY)
P.O. Box 365, Waxhaw, NC 28173
HUMANE SOCIETY OF CHARLOTTE
2700 Toomey Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28203
More information about adopting at the Humane Society of Charlotte
Meet my boys, Mr. Marlow and Bingo. Both were adopted from Charlotte area shelters. How handsome are they? And very smart, too! They are both all set to celebrate National Pet Day today (and every day).
If you've been thinking about adding a cat or dog to your household, why not save a life and adopt a shelter pet? National Pet Day is the perfect day to do so.
This information about National Pet Day provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts and pet lovers/parents. We've been opening doors for Charlotte area home buyers and sellers and their four-legged family members for 20+ years.
If you're considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how