New Summer Camp Rules, Montgomery County, Maryland
The Montgomery County Council has approved new rules for summer camps this year.
The regulations — which received unanimous approval on Tuesday — are now in effect. Some of them are listed below:
- Only campers from Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. can attend
- Camps must separate participants into groups of 25 for indoor activities and 50 for outdoor activities
- Members from a group are not permitted to mix with members of a different group at the camp
- Each camp is required to have a COVID Protocol Plan approved by the health officer or the health officer's designee
- Sports activities will be required to follow the rules for youth sports
- Members of each sleeping group must stay with their group for the entire camp session.
Mother of Thousands, Stonecrop, Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, PA USA IMG 4338
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs