Even before the pandemic swept in on the country, people from the Northeast and West Coast have been relocating to Tampa Bay. Tempted by the warm sunshine almost 250 days a year, dazzling sandy beaches, and too many outdoor activities to count, Tampa is a serious contender for anyone looking for a permanent change in lifestyle.
As many of us now are working remotely and have the flexibility to work from anywhere, it no longer makes sense to live in a high-priced, cold-weather state if you don’t have to. Tampa is one of the go-to places for anyone searching for more spacious and affordable homes, an active lifestyle, absence of state income tax, and a healthy job market.
Here are our Top Ten Reasons to call Tampa Bay home:
- Phenomenal Weather Year-Round It’s no secret that the near-perfect weather in Tampa Bay is the biggest draw for most people who decide to relocate here. More than 200 days of sunshine a year and an average daily temperature of 70o ranks The Sunshine State as the warmest of all the states. With so many warm and sunny days year-round, residents enjoy more time outside to explore all that Tampa has to offer.
- Breathtaking Beaches Tied for first with incredible weather are Tampa Bay’s endless sandy shores, sparkling blue waters, and stunning landscapes. Tampa is home to many of the top-rated beaches in the country such as Clearwater and St. Pete Beach. The pristine coastline borders The Gulf of Mexico with more than 200 miles of stunningly beautiful beaches … and all within a stone’s throw away. In Tampa, life truly is a beach and as a resident, you’ll be living in paradise every day of your life.
- Living It Up … Outdoors Craving a healthier and more active lifestyle? Thanks to the perpetual warmer climate, residents can spend most of their time moving around outdoors soaking up that Vitamin D, which is proven to boost both mental and physical health. Whether you’re interested in local arts and farmer’s markets, music and food festivals, sightseeing, wildlife, boating, scuba diving, or golfing, Tampa Bay’s got it all year round!
- No State Income Tax A major perk of living in Florida and Tampa is the absence of a state income tax. Unlike many other states, Florida earns dollars from the millions of visitors who come to vacation each year. Thanks to revenue generated by the tourists and a business-friendly attitude, residents can keep more of their hard-earned money and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Booming Real Estate Market If you’re planning to move to the Tampa Bay area, you’ll be impressed by what your money can buy. Not only are housing costs more affordable compared to The Northeast and West Coast, but properties are also much more spacious and are close to the beaches. Throughout the area, you’ll find new communities being built that include convenient amenities such as community pools and dog parks. The strong real estate market, quality of life, and healthy economy, and job market make Tampa Bay a desirable place to live.
- Strong Cultural History Tampa Bay is a growing city but also has a rich history and local culture. Tampa’s Ybor City is home to Florida’s oldest restaurant and the world’s largest Spanish restaurant, The Columbia. You’ll notice strong Cuban influences throughout the city as well. This diverse culture brings a rich tapestry of art, music, food, and a unique cultural ambiance like no other.
- The epicenter of Delicious Food and Drinks Diverse warm-weather climate zones along with thriving agriculture, proximity to the ocean, and abundant multiculturalism rank Tampa as one of the tastiest cities in the country. Well-known for being the origin of the famous Cuban Sandwich, legendary seasonal stone crabs, and local craft beer, Tampa is home to a plethora of delectable culinary delights. Restaurant favorites include Cuban, Island-inspired, and Caribbean-style delicacies. To put it simply, no matter where you are in Tampa Bay, you are sure to find tasty eats nearby.
- Sweet Deals for Locals There’s a major bonus to living where others vacation. Numerous acclaimed Florida attractions and hotels such as Disney World and Busch Gardens offer Florida Resident discounts and bargains throughout the year. Most of the deals are available during the late spring, summer and early fall months when tourism slows down. As a Tampa resident, you get to reap the benefits!
- Champa Bay Loves Sports! If you love sports, Tampa is your city. As the heart center of professional and college sports, Tampa Bay is home to the best sports teams in the country. Our city proudly cheers for the 2020 Superbowl Champions, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Tampa Bay Lightning Bolts who won the 2020 Stanley Cup. In the Fall of 2020, The Tampa Bay Rays also made it to the World Series! In the spring of each year, Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg serve as the hub of many MLB training camps, which are all open to the local public – an added perk of being a Florida resident!
- Vacation Where You Live With an infinite amount of sunshine and summer days, Tampa is one of America’s top getaways. If you live in Tampa, you’ll never have to travel far for vacation again. There is never a shortage of new and exciting places to visit all within a few hours’ drive. Whether you’re in the mood for a trip to one of the state’s many gorgeous coastline beaches, world-renowned golf resorts, acclaimed theme park attractions, or historical landmarks, there is something to do for everyone!