A friends wife calls and she is in tears. WHY did I not tell her all the pit falls of Selling a home. Her sale just died and she can not reach her agent. Wait, she did not list with me. She listed with a co-workers sister who just started in Real Estate.
In today's Real Estate Market in the Manchester NH area market, the easy part can be finding a buyer. The hardest parts are getting to and from listing to closing without major issues, stress or the sale falling apart.
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT SOME COMMON ISSUES
YOU NEED TO KNOW >>>BEFORE<<< YOU LIST YOUR HOME.
1. COMMUCICATION: The #1 issue I hear, is the lack of service from the agent they hired. Their agent does not answer the phone. Does not return texts or emails. Basically no updates on what is going on. What comes next? or What is needed? Even worse, they are handed off for someone else to handle them.
2. PRICING THE HOME TOO LOW OR TOO HIGH: List the home too high and will not sell. List the home too low, and leave money on the table that could have been yours. Having a listing agent that know the value of your home. Know what price to ask and what price it may sell at is a must.
3. HOW TO HANDLE SHOWINGS ON YOUR HOME: You chose a great agent. You price the home right. You have got the home ready for buyers to see it. Now what? Should i have an open house? Should we wait a week or more as a "coming soon"? The answer starts with communicating to you what is best for your home, your neighborhood and you as the seller. Open houses in a Covid world can mean long lines, 100's upon 100's of people in your house and reducing who can and can not see it. SHOWING the home to only qualifed buyers in specified time frames gets qualifed buyers the chance over the weekend "lookers". On the flip side is holding off buyers to "tease" them. Are you attracting more buyers or angering buyers and their agents who may stay away? Learn what your options are, then choose what is best for you.
4. HOW TO HANDLE OFFERS ON YOUR HOME? How many offers do you need before you choose one? That is the magic question and one i tell the answer to my seller BEFORE we even start showing the home. You may hear of sellers getting 50 or even 80 offers. Do you need that many? The short answer is no. Know what to expect before you start by having a listing agent who lets you know what to expect. What your options are and what may be the secret to the perfect offer.
5. WHAT MAKES A GREAT OFFER: The highest offer is not always the BEST OFFER. Contingencies can make or break an offer. Contingent on a mortgage. On selling another home. On a home inspection or contingent on a lawyers or even Aunt Becky's review...What type of mortgage? Is the buyer qualifed? How about pre approved. AGAIN having an agent who goes over each of these BEFORE you start showing the home makes for a better sale.
6. HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE? Some sellers just want to see how much money will make at closing? A great agent will aim to get you the most money in the shortest period of time. They will show you what to ask, what you may get and what any costs are. They will do that while providing you with the best service during the selling process.
7. DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHO I LIST WITH? The answer is YES. It does matter. Just ask those who did not take the time to hire the BEST agent the end. The most important thing in Real Estate for me is provide GREAT SERVICE. My philosophy is simple. To provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the selling and buying process. Yes, you can get top price. Yes, you can get the best communication. Yes, you can get the most experience to guide you better.
All agents are not created equal and every consumer should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest agent. Let me show you there is a difference. Please Support locally owned and operated business.
Locally owned and operated since 1985.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 35 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborough, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.