“Inspection Report is Priceless!”
Joe, I now have the inspection report, he was a great referral, thank you. The most significant problems identified include:
- new roof needed soon on main house
- some structural work to the roof beams needed when above work is done
- two temporary vertical beams in the basement need replacing with permanent ones
- some reinforcement to the deck needed
- radon mitigation system needed
- assorted small maintenance items
I am getting the bid for all the work to make sure this is the right home for me.
A well done home inspection should be seen as an insurance policy, one that can save a prospective homeowner a tremendous amount of money and future headaches.
One of the many things I am seeing in this crazy real estate market is purchase transactions that call for NO inspections. It may be a go strategy for negotiating a purchase, but may end up being a bad deal over time.