COME ON MAN! Don't be a SLOB, your MOTHER or your REALTOR® would both give yout this advice.
It should be basic knowlege, but I as your REALTOR® beg you DO NOT, I Repeat...DO NOT Do these things when selliig your home! What am I your Mom? Come on Sellers don't do these things! If you are tempted to do any of these things have someone in your family coached to YELL to you: NO NO! BAD BAD! Don't Do it!
What are the 10 Commandments of Selling your home or Thou Shalt Nots of Real Estate? There are things we learn in the real estate business on what not to do and as well as to do when selling a home.
Here are my top Thou Shalt Nots for a Seller to get top dollar for their home. Do not do these...please! By the way, these are all easy things to actually do and do not involve large amounts if any cash. A home seller that follows these 10 Thou Shalt Nots will have a home that SMILES and sells at a higher price. A home that does not SMILE sells for less.
Home Selling 10 Commandments: Thou Shalt Nots or No Nos... In listing pictures and also when preparing for Buyers see your home
Home Seller Thou Shalt Nots:
1. Do NOT Leave Toilet Seats Up. Close all toilet seats. Repeat after me.....CLOSE ALL TOILET SEATS!
2. Do NOT leave a dirty house. When you leave the house wash dishes, pick up clothes, dust and vaccum.
Wash the dishes or at least put them in the dishwasher (Photo: Pixabay)
3. Do NOT lock rooms where all of the junk is stored (if you have junk to hide better to put in garage with a blanket over it)
Thou Shalt Not leave a messy house when it is for sale. One must always be expecting showings. Photo: (Pixabay)
4. Do NOT forget to mow lawn and cut weeds down. Come on folks make the place look somewhat inviting
Mow the lawn before putting on the market...Come on Man! Photo: Pixabay
5. Do NOT forget to remove all personal items off bathroom counters. No razors, medicines, deodorant, used bars of soap, tweezers, contact lens cases etc. Same can be said for kitchen counters
6. Do NOT forget to remove or hide all pet toys and food dishes and bags of pet food. If at all possible take pet with you for a showing rather than leave in a cage, locked room or roaming the backyard making buyers hesitant to go outside
Hey we know you love your pot bellied pig, but time to take it with you when showing home (Photo: Pixabay)
7. Do Not avoid replacing old rusty scratched front door knobs or handles. Yikes this is not expensive. Put your best foot forward with a shiny new door knob door handle and lock that opens like butter! The new ones look great.
Replace old this door knob with a nickel finish. Yikes! This in inexpensive!
8. Do NOT be lazy and remove non working vehicles from front of home and in driveway. Helps to show your home off the best possible way.
9. Do NOT be cheap and avoid cleaning or replace carpets that have huge stains (pet or other stains)
10. Do NOT forget to take out extra furniture. Do you have furniture covering every available space or wall in your home? Remove as much as you can to a storage area or garage. Makes the home look much larger and allows buyers to imagine their furniture in your home. Do not leave excess and/or broken or old worn out garden furniture on front porch or in the yard.
Thou Shalt....Make Your Home SMILE!
Well there you have it. There are many more home Thous Shalt Nots and No Nos but his will give you an idea from my personal list. Make your home SMILE and the Buyers will SMILE with you.
Follow the 10 Commandments and make your home SMILE and Buyers will SMILE back
What should you remember "To Do" which will help with the "Not To Dos"? Keep in mind, if you are on a date or introducing yourself SMILE, make the other person like you. Who can not help smiling back at a smiling baby? The other person is likely to SMILE back if you SMILE. Same with your home, make your home SMILE!
Sell or Buy a home in Scottsdale or Arizona
Press FREE MLS Search to search for homes for sale in Arizona