MAY IS MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH...
... in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area donating your unused cell phones to Cell Phones for Soldiers is a great (and easy) way you can help observe Military Appreciation Month and say thank you to all the men and women who serve us so bravely and who essentially write a blank check with their lives to us with their service.
The Cell Phones for Soldiers organization uses the proceeds from recycled phones to buy pre-paid calling cards for military personnel. Since 2004, Cell Phones For Soldiers have provided 400+ million minutes of talk time to military; recycled 20+ million cell phones; mailed out some 2,500 calling cards to military each week.
WHERE TO DONATE CELL PHONES IN GREATER CHARLOTTE
1. Ameriprise Financial at 8832 Blakeney Professional Drive/Charlotte, NC 28277.
2. Community House Middle School at 9500 Community House Road/Charlotte, NC 28277.
3. Indian Land High School at 8063 River Road/Indian Land, SC 29707.
4. Liberty Tax Service at 705 Crossroads Plaza/Fort Mill, SC 29708.
5. Western & Southern Life at 7400 Carmel Executive Park Drive | Suite 110/Charlotte, NC 28226.
Not in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina metro area? Click here to locate a drop off location for the Cell Phones for Soldiers for your zip code.
7 WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR MILITARY & VETERANS DURING MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH
Meantime, from the Military Appreciation Month organization, here are just a few more ways you can support our military and veterans:
- Display the American flag at your home and/or business.
- Encourage your local media to publicize area military and veteran events.
- Send a care package to a solder.
- Encourage your elected officials (local, state, federal) to recognize our military and veterans
- When you see a soldier or veteran thank them for their service.
- If your business offers miliatry discounts, make sure discounts are offered both to those who currentl serve and those who have served.
- Hire a veteran.
DON'T FORGET THE MILITARY MOTHERS
Next Sunday, May 9th, is Mother's Day. Let's not forget that there are lots of military moms out there, both who serve and whose children and husbands serve. Make a point to acknowledge them as well and thank them for their service and sacrifice.
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."
... Cynthia Ozick
"How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!"
... Maya Angelou