May is here! And while things are starting to warm up, there are still lots of things to do in Scottsdale and around the Valley.
Here are some ideas for things to do in and around Scottsdale for the month of May.
- Arizona Balloon Classic - April 30th - May 2nd - Head over to Goodyear to be dazzled by dozens of hot air balloons. During the day, enjoy the races and once the sun goes down, you will see the Desert Glows exhibition.
- Kentucky Derby Lawn Party - May 1st - While we cannot be there to watch the race in person, this event is a great way to show off your best Derby outfits and hats at the Scottsdale Princess. Enjoy a Southern Brunch and mint juleps as you lead up to the big race.
- Arizona Black Rodeo - May 15th - Embrace your inner cowboy or cowgirl and spend the day at the Arizona Black Rodeo at WestWorld. The day will be jam-packed with bull riding, roping, barrel races and more.
- Arizona Restaurant Week - May 21st -30th- This is one of our favorite events as we get to try out new restaurants and visit some of our old favorites. Visit the website to see the menu offerings as well as dining options.
- Old Town Scottsdale Farmers Market - Saturday mornings through May - This is the final month of the Farmers Market until it goes on hiatus until the Fall. Enjoy the freshest produce, hand-crafted delicacies, flowers, arts and crafts and more.
- Music in the Garden at Desert Botanical Garden - Fridays through May - Enjoy live music from your reserved table at the Desert Botanical Garden. Come early or stay late to explore the garden and art exhibitions or to grab a bite to eat.
- Live Music at The District in Desert Ridge - Friday and Saturday nights - All kinds of musical genres will be on the stage in May. Visit the website to see who will be playing.
- Wonderspaces Arizona - Wonderspaces features wonderful and unique art installations that change throughout the year.
As always, if you have other events going on that you would like to highlight, please feel free to add them to the comment section.
Disclaimer: Please check with the event venue to make sure the event is happening as scheduled. Some of these events require a paid ticket and may have safety restrictions in place.